cutting cf hood

kingcobra

kingcobra
Oct 5, 2008
Naperville
Real Name
Jason
Hey guys,
I recently purchased a oem cf hood for my srt 4 and it sits a bit high on the passenger side.. i just bought http://deftracing.com/aerocatch_hood_pins/index.htm hood pins and im very sketchy on cutting the holes for the new latch system.. any ideas what i should use to cut the hood? im afraid of cracking the clear on the hood. any input is appreciated. thanks again ~jason

E

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
State of Confusion
Real Name
E
I have never done it myself but i have seen a friend do it at the shop he use to work for.
Make sure to use alot of masking tape to cover any places that you are going to use a drill/dremil.The tape whould keep it from cracking. Make sure the drill you use is sharp and use a spray bottle to spray down the drill while your drilling.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
I have never done it myself but i have seen a friend do it at the shop he use to work for.
Make sure to use alot of masking tape to cover any places that you are going to use a drill/dremil.The tape whould keep it from cracking. Make sure the drill you use is sharp and use a spray bottle to spray down the drill while your drilling.

:werd:

3m Blue tape is your friend.....

dmc6996

Addict
Oct 10, 2008
Arlington Heights
Real Name
Dave
oh, and you are installing aerocatch latch and those suckers are big enough for you to mark the hood and in the center do a test cut. try diffrent bits to see what cuts the best for you. i used some kawasaki cutting bits that work with dremels.
i know where your coming from... it was very hard to get myself to drill through the carbon part of the hood. the clear itself cut fine. no cracking at all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info