which one?

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
haha well I guess mark and I need to race :wavey:
but in all seriousness, he'd kill me but not because of the difference in superchargers.

I love my pro-charger, I have a very conservative tune and doubt my numbers are anywhere near what his are, but I also have almost no supporting mods. Just what came with the kit and an x-pipe and cat-back.

Both are very reliable and can be pullied easily. It just depends on the kind of power you want. Instant or top-end

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
Shibbys stang is pretty sick, ive felt better torque off the line, but once he gets in the upper RPMs it just keeps pulling, i guess u could call it torque creep haha, ive seen marks stang and its pretty sweet, the only bitch with prochargers is changing the oil that was a bitch

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Opinions vary on what is ideal. I think the roots are great for the street because you don't need the high rpms to make neck snapping boost. Centri's are good because they're easier on your drivetrain. Turbo's are great for the same reason, but sometimes the cost of the set-up can be almost twice what you'd pay for a blower.
I think that all other things being equal, a roots would be slightly faster as the power band is a bit fatter. Centri's are generally cheaper than the roots style too. I guess you really have to decide what you're looking for first. You're more than welcome to go for a ride in my car to experience the KB. Though it will feel much stronger in your car as it is a manual.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Shibbys stang is pretty sick, ive felt better torque off the line, but once he gets in the upper RPMs it just keeps pulling, i guess u could call it torque creep haha, ive seen marks stang and its pretty sweet, the only bitch with prochargers is changing the oil that was a bitch

The whine is nice for sure. But the roots do kind of suffer slightly on top end compared to the centri's.

I think Vortech now makes self-contained oil units, not so sure about Prochargers though.

G

Grabber

I pretty much have both types of cars on a 3V and a 4V car.

The Centri blower is decent down low, and pulls like a monster up top and the power does not fall off.

My Roots blower on my 4V gets all 500+ TQ at 2500 RPM and the power doesn't fall off unless I over-rev the motor. Shifting at 6500 RPM, the power will stay perfectly level and the powerband perfectly even through each gear.

Centris are not as harsh on the motor/drivetrain. Roots/TS?Turbos are harder due to the increase in overall power and torque.

IMO, A turbo is your best bet. They are more efficient than a Roots or Centri blower, even some TS blowers. Generally they will make more TQ than a roots/TS or Centri blower, but not always more HP, depending on the boost level.

You can pick up a Roots blower for about 6500 bucks installed and tuned, and a centri for about 4500 installed and tuned. It all comes down to how fast you want to make all/most of your power, and how fast you want your car.

-Chris

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info