Fart can took a shit!

dmc6996

Addict
Oct 10, 2008
Arlington Heights
Real Name
Dave
I get pulled over last night in Hoffman on Golf west of Barrington Rd. says im following too close to the car in front of me and he said i flashed my brights. total bullshit! it was 2 am and he wanted to check me out. so right away i said " i wasnt too close and i never flashed my brights. i get let off (for doing nothing) but before he leaves says " fix your muffler." I know its loud because its a turbo back 3" without cats.
so i looked at it today and this is what i see.

muffler001.jpg

muffler002.jpg

muffler003.jpg

muffler005.jpg

muffler006.jpg

so anyone think they can fix it for me? i need it for a few more months until i can get a P&L catback. shoot me a price to weld it back up. :hsugh:

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
I can tell you from the spot and the type of metal that it won't weld well. You would be better off with a metal band around the muffler and the hanger welded to that. It's just going to break again, even faster next time. The surrounding area is already cracked...and the welding heat will make it worse.

Doesn't someone make a band for those type of mufflers? All you need to do is find one and I can fix you up. I could make one for you, but it would probably be cheaper to find a premade one.

Edit:
http://www.sportcompactwarehouse.co...cation_muffler_strap_clamps/1191/i-37797.aspx

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
That would be a relatively tough weld with a MIG, but doable, and shouldn't fatigue if you anneal the HAZ after welding it. To do it right though, you need to get it welded with a TIG using stainless filler to get a decent weld.

It's definitely doable though, with the right equipment. On a little cheapo MIG though, it would be a challenge.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info