I'm sorry if I'm a ricer

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I just found this picture, and its pretty much EXACTLY how I picture my car by the end of this year. I already have the same fog lights, headlight, and turnsignal setup, Its a 92 CX also *Black grill, and the antenna is blocked off and has no side cladding* No stickers, a Unpainted CF Hood (My hood is wrecked and I found a OEM style CF hood local that I plan on picking up).

The ONLY 2 differences that I'd have are the rims (I want Gun metal or black 5 spoke rims like the Borbets I've shown you guys that I'm trying to buy) and I wouldn't want those Euro side marker lights *The little turn signals on the side of the fender just in front of the door.

What do all you guys think? Do you hate it cause its a honda? or do you think it looks tasteful for what it is? Again, this IS the exact route I'm planning on going with my car visually minus the TYPE of rim, and the side marker lights.

Please no flamers, if there are reasons why you don't like it, Tell me, if you do like it, tell me why, I'm open to opinions as I plan on doing the body work and paint over the summer and nothing is 100% set in stone except for the front end bits (The stock headlights, solid amber turn signals, MAYBE the fogs because I have all those bits already, and I like the way they look personally) so tell me what you guys would change if you owned that car (Please no stupid comments like "Sell it for a faster one" or "Its fucking ugly" Keep that shit to yourself)

1.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
keep it looking like shit, build up the motor. surprise people.

Heh, You probably remember it from Track day rocking the steelies and bent hood and bondo... Which it still is.

I LOVE the way a clean white hatch looks, and would take great pride in getting a car to look half as clean as that. Also $$$ wise, I can put as much or as little into working on the body my self on my own time, while making a sleeper requires the initial $$$$$$ to stuff a new motor into it which I just don't have right now, I've been helping Kim get on her feet and find a better job and its cost me a fair amount of money.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
thats a clean lookin hatch. not overly done. it would look better w/ the kinda rims you wanna run

that car has ARP wheel studs for Slicks *Hence the weird purple lugs* and some kinda OZ rim, neither of which I personally like, too much white.

ya they look ok when clean for sure and no ricer wing

that car acctually has an aftermarket spoiler, its called a 'spoon duckbill'

Its VERY subtle, but it gives it a cool look, its slightly longer, and has a slight up-turn to it opposed to the stock, if you even wanna call it a spoiler, its more like a ledge....

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
its got a pretty nice stance too. lowered quite a bit, but not SLAMMED, and looks slightly raked too

Actually, Hatches just sit like that if you get decent lowering springs and struts naturally.

I plan on installing front and rear sway bars, and a front chassis brace when the time comes (Yes my car has no sway bars), and don't need to tear any parts of my car off going over rail-road tracks.

LeddZepp8687

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Warrenville, IL
BTW Dan, the Spoon spoilers look realy nice on EGs. I've seen them and I am very much a fan.

Also, I was thinking... If you'd like I would be interested in coming out there to help with the bodywork a little. The rear bumper is toast. There is nothing we can do with it so maybe we can check some boneyards. But as for removing the holding pieces for the black trim and filling the holes, I'm def in for that. Other than that I dont remeber what else was fucked up bodywise.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
It'll look good like that. It would be better if the owner plugged the front plate mount holes. I think the holes are incredibly ricey.

I'm debating if I wanna buy the plugs, or if I wanna sand them completely down and make the bumper flush with some body filler (Since the car needs to be repainted anyways)

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info