Turbo car problem

9DSM7

Regular
Mar 25, 2009
haha i want to start upgrading the shit out of it.. i have to figure out what this problem is first..

its bugging the shit out of me..

ive been posting other fourms but everyone is saying its a boost leak so tom after school me and my buddy are gonna check it out

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
i just got a 97 eclipse a few days ago and i want to start upgrading it but there will always be a problem i cant figure out
fixed :picard:

but really tho
i worked on my buddy's 96 dsm quite a bit. he would run into this once in a while, we did a 6bolt swap, but....he ALWAYS had different problems. it sounds like you are hitting fuel cut though. they seem to be very picky when it comes to plugs, and make sure the valve cover isnt leaking into the spark plug wire boot...pretty common too....

AlwaysVTEC

Addict
Mar 20, 2008
my dsm use to to that, it was fuel cut, traced it down to a weak fuel pump. Also plugs are cheap so change them out! You never know what the last owners driving habits and or mods were. Those plugs could be fouled out crazy style. go to the DSM Forums buy your self a logger, check your injector duty cycle and knock counts. Its cheap and vital for all DSMs. Without a good log finding issues in a timley manner can cost you your engine. In any event I would continue searching the DSM forums for their feedback, it has always helped me and i hope it can do the same for you. :bigthumb:

jeff99gtp

Regular
Sep 9, 2008
im going to guess a boost leak. get a boost leak tester or make one and put it on the turbo inlet and pressurize it to about 15psi and then take a bottle full of soapy water, then spray it all over where there might be some leaks. if you see bubbles, you have a leak.

if not that then im going to guess its fuel cut, to get rid of that you can remove the lower honey comb from the maf but it isnt the best way to do it. i would recommend getting dsmlink and disable fuel cut by using that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info