new mustang guy?

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
awsome because outside of the 03-04 cobras all mustangs are loud, slow, and gay. I guess us honda guys do share somthing commonn with the mustang.

"mustang, Americas Rice"

No....

bullitt1117324049.jpg

AlwaysVTEC

Addict
Mar 20, 2008
I would take ANY of these over anything Honda has put out, ever

outside of that cobra R which gets beaten by stock civics on the autocross track the others are awsome. now just win a lottery or rob a bank and you to can enjoy the outrageous prices you would pay just to own a car that is primarily owned as a collector car then a daily grind car. but while my income remains sub 7 figures, ill stick with the honduhs, ford doesnt have a fast mustang i can AFFORD

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
i have to disagree on this one... but the others i agree lol

lose the wing and maybe....

This was one of the quickest Mustangs ever built. I mean rated at 385 hp from the factory but people have dynoed it stock at it is making that at the rear wheels. Tested 4.4 0-60, sub 13 1/4 mile, 1.01 g at the track. This is back in 2000, where the ZO6 at the time was putting up very similar numbers.

AlwaysVTEC

Addict
Mar 20, 2008
This was one of the quickest Mustangs ever built. I mean rated at 385 hp from the factory but people have dynoed it stock at it is making that at the rear wheels. Tested 4.4 0-60, sub 13 1/4 mile, 1.01 g at the track. This is back in 2000, where the ZO6 at the time was putting up very similar numbers.

my 2002 z28 bone stock would have pulled sub 13 sec 1/4 mile times. and i guarantee i would put more hp to the wheels then the 5.4 that was offerd for the "R". i agree it was a purpose built car (autocross) but it fails. it costs more then a zo6, makes less power and there slow. But everyone has their opinions. Im a import fan, id rather have a nsx, over a cobra R anyday. and for the cost of some of he super rare mustangs up there i would buy open wheel car powered by honda lol...... but again thats me,

edit: i would put more crank hp then the ford

G

Grabber

I guess everyone has their opinion.

I'd love the see the V-tec guy take his "honda" and beat a Cobra R on a Road course, which beats C6 Z06's on a road Course.

That car was not meant for Drag Racing,

Also, a Z28 doesn't make more to the wheels or crank, since Z28's were rated just a tad over 300 CRANK HP. Also, GREAT DRIVERS are needed to run sub 13's in a Z28. I think you might have meant Sub 12's as your car apparently runs almost flat 13's, at least that is what you are trying to say. What are you smoking? Can I has some too?

OP- Welcome to the Garage. Whereabouts are you in Rockford? I've got a buddy up there with a KB lighting.

AlwaysVTEC

Addict
Mar 20, 2008
I guess everyone has their opinion.

I'd love the see the V-tec guy take his "honda" and beat a Cobra R on a Road course, which beats C6 Z06's on a road Course.

That car was not meant for Drag Racing,

Also, a Z28 doesn't make more to the wheels or crank, since Z28's were rated just a tad over 300 CRANK HP. Also, GREAT DRIVERS are needed to run sub 13's in a Z28. I think you might have meant Sub 12's as your car apparently runs almost flat 13's, at least that is what you are trying to say. What are you smoking? Can I has some too?

OP- Welcome to the Garage. Whereabouts are you in Rockford? I've got a buddy up there with a KB lighting.

Yes i agree the ls1 was rated at 300 hp. but go grab a camaro 2000 and up and dyno, and let me know what it puts down. they all put down 315-325 whp. i ran a 13.1 @106 with an auto tranny on a winter tire (kdws) if i had any type of tire i would have hit 12's. Again this was on a bone stock Z28. Id rather own a o3 cobra then a 2000 R. my clutch is currentlly smoking, so i may be fucked up from that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info