k. getting tired of the vibe. what should i do.

what should he do?

• 02/03 badass lifted powerstroke

Votes: 18 40.9%
  • 04-06 gto

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • 04 cts-v

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • something else u dork.

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
(this is gon be a long thread...)

im getting tired of the vibe... (go figure i know), its not that its a bad car or anything... im just ready to move on, i mean I have had it like what 6-7 months? thats pretty long right? :dunno:

in the past year i have of course had my gtp, along with a lifted cherokee, then a cadillac deville, and now a 03 pontiac vibe awd.

sooo once my tax return arrives, im going to begin hunting for something else...

looking to spend between 10k-15k, but will if its something that i cannot live without, spend up to 17 (350 a month/5 years/ ~7% which I dont reallly want to go that long.. but... a very nice 04 cts-v or 3 can be had around 16-17k...)

soooo here is what i have been seriously considering so far...

1. 02/03 ford f250/f350 7.3diesel 4wd crewcab/supercab... I want one of these because the hillbilly in me ssseeerrriously misses my lifted jeep, being able to rip over lots of things in my path was badass, along with the fact that a straight piped 7.3 being one of the most badass sounding engines imo. (o and i want a lifted one) so positives:

• snow capable (can rip it in the snow quite easily
  • can be made decently quick with a tuner/intake/some exhaust work
  • hillbilly shits awesome
negs

• its a fucking lifted f250, what are the people of schaumburg going to do as i baja into them when they piss me off when going to school
  • fuel prices.... yeah they can get up to 18-20mpg... but what happens when diesel goes to 5$ a gallon again (will it?)

2d45_4.JPG

2. 04-06 gto

the main reason i am interested in these, is because of how cheap they have gotten... they can be had for less than 15k for a reallly nice ride... mtx would be ideal but id settle for an auto (i dont want to sink sick money into this since the pricks is the money pit.)
postitives:

• decently quick
  • sexy as all hell
  • comfy interior
  • reliable- im not afraid to really have to work on one
negatives:

• how much really more is the price going to plummet!? especiallly when the new camaro's come out!
  • rwd aka no real intense snow driving... no way my boards would fit
  • im gonna want to dump money into it...
9e64_12.JPG

3. 04 cts-v...

ls6 caddy- nuff said (i said 04s cuz 05-06s arent anywhere as cheap..)
positives:

• i dont think we need to even go into why cts-vs are badass
negatives:

• id prollly hit something with it in the snow, for sure.
  • snowboard isnt going to fit.
  • $$$$$ to fix. $$$$ to insure (everyone crashes these for some reason)
  • id have to travel far to get one in my price range (none around here are like 16k...)
6.jpg

any other ideas? please post up, ive been looking at ebay (aka not too seriously considering): s500's, e46 m3s, audi wagons (like the allroad badass lifted ones)

things i need it to be... newer than 02... my bank wont finance on older than that... this is huge... less than 15k unless its something so ridiculously badass that i cant pass it up... i want it also be capable of getting at least 18-20 mpg...

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Well the current trend looks to be a TBSS, but those are out of what you want to spend most likely.

Id say GTO or F250. The GTO would be nice, but I wouldn't DD it over a GTP. The truck with be good to tow race-car GTP. Also if you are going to finance the GTO, those things will drop value quick, it might be pretty easy to get over your head if you don't put down a big down payment. The F250's probably hold value well. None of these options are that practical though. How bout a WRX?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Start using a snowskate? :dunno:
How about a roof rack?

i dont want to outfit a pricks or a gto with a roofrack haha. not gonna be "that guy"

The first GTO I looked at I popped the trunk and said "Thats it??" :rofl:
me too.

Well the current trend looks to be a TBSS, but those are out of what you want to spend most likely.

Id say GTO or F250. The GTO would be nice, but I wouldn't DD it over a GTP. The truck with be good to tow race-car GTP. Also if you are going to finance the GTO, those things will drop value quick, it might be pretty easy to get over your head if you don't put down a big down payment. The F250's probably hold value well. None of these options are that practical though. How bout a WRX?

id love a tbss- the gas mileage is what keeps me away...

whats cool about the trucks are they are holding their values like crazy... ones with 250k + i have seen sold for 10k + !?!?!?

no options are that practical- u r right... but neither is a fwd turbo v6... catch my drift... im not that practical haha.

wrx-s are super tight... but i dont fit comfortably***... i fit... and i could rip it... im just not comfortable in it... maybe i sat in a bad one but i have never liked my hair on my head touching the roof of a car...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Diesel in Central IL is less than regular unleaded gas...... I say powerstroke

first thing i have agreed with you in a long time on. :h5:

Powerstroke, best for everyday living, haul shit, perfect for snowboarding trips, and weather wont matter at all........ As long as you keep that shit from gelling.

yeah. and they are damn sexy.

Thread Info