93 Civic clutch replacement

Chrisco

is a work in progress
Jan 26, 2008
Downers Grove, IL.
I've got a complete replacement clutch kit for 100 bucks. throw out bearing, pressure plate, clutch disc etc. The only other thing he would need is to have the flywheel resurfaced which can be done at alot of major parts stores. You could pick it up any time you wanted after 4pm, located in Downers Grove just off I355 and Ogden Ave.

Chrisco

is a work in progress
Jan 26, 2008
Downers Grove, IL.
Have you called a dealer or shop to see how much a clutch install would cost?
It'll be in the $750-$1,000 range.
$200 isn't going to cut it. Being a college kid with little money doesn't change anything.

if you're asking someone to pay you what a dealership would be paid you're being a moron. no matter how much you'd like to, you don't make 70 bucks an hour, nor should anyone pay you that much.

he came on here asking for help from friends, and willing to give some money too. don't try to play him...

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
$200 isn't going to cut it. Being a college kid with little money doesn't change anything.

Like I posted earlier, I have no idea how much it costs, I threw out a figure like you said. Its not my car I'm just trying to help a buddy out.

Thanks Chrisco, I'll try and get the money from him and do the leg work to pick it up, or I'll atleast let him know. I'll PM you when he/I can get it from you.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI

lol $200 would more than cut it for me. I just did a clutch on a 3000gt VR4 for $100 lol..

and hondas are pretty damn easy to work on also.

James

TCG Elite Member
Jan 18, 2008
if you're asking someone to pay you what a dealership would be paid you're being a moron. no matter how much you'd like to, you don't make 70 bucks an hour, nor should anyone pay you that much.

he came on here asking for help from friends, and willing to give some money too. don't try to play him...
Well it's a good thing since I never asked to be paid what a dealership would ask....right? But thanks for character attack.
IMO jumping on a forum to get an otherwise $700-$1000 job done for a friend of someone who doesn't post here much.....and offering $200....yeah, someone is getting played...and it's not the guy with the bad clutch.
Might as well ask for an engine swap for $200. Similiar amount of work- but that would sound insane now wouldn't it.

To each his own. :)

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Well it's a good thing since I never asked to be paid what a dealership would ask....right? But thanks for character attack.
IMO jumping on a forum to get an otherwise $700-$1000 job done for a friend of someone who doesn't post here much.....and offering $200....yeah, someone is getting played...and it's not the guy with the bad clutch.
Might as well ask for an engine swap for $200. Similiar amount of work- but that would sound insane now wouldn't it.

$200 would hardly cover a tow TO a decent shop in most circumstances.

PM'ed Saturday, I've done quite a few honda swaps/trans/etc, I have the parts IN MY GARAGE right now to repair it, as well as a tow vehicle, LMK.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)

Thanks pal for your character attack. Just because I dont have the free time to post every day and follow every thread doesnt mean I'm any less a member here than anyone else. I told you, and posted it many times in here that I dont know how much the job costs. I've never heard the price of replacing a clutch, done one, or even owned a stick shift car. I was posting for a buddy, figuring maybe someone that needed the side job would be willing to help him out. I honestly dont care who does it or even if it gets done, its not my car so really its not my problem. I have enough problems of my own with my car let alone to worry about anyone elses. Obviously if no one responded he'd have gone and had it done somewhere, its not like its some job that the car can do without having done. I'm not trying to play anyone and you can ask the few people here that know me from off the boards I'm not out to screw anyone.

Das, I'll contact him and give him your number.

Chrisco

is a work in progress
Jan 26, 2008
Downers Grove, IL.

Come on now, it was clear that your words implied he should be paying more of what it would cost at a dealer. If you don't feel that way then perhaps you should spend more time clarifying your intent.

As for him not posting on here much, he's been here longer than either of us and have and posted 3x as much.

Perhaps it's just me, but if I go to ask someone for help working on my car, i'm more than willing to give them some sort of compensation, but to expect to be paid the same or even close to what a dealership/shop would charge is just absurd.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info