looking at g35's ,

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
Have you actually looked at the cars?

They look totally different and the coupe is SO much better looking.
I kinda figured that could be why, the coupe being more desirable.

I've driven two of them , both six speeds.. really REALLY was digging the car in general. Nice compliant ride, smooth, comfortable for me, and good looking cars.

I'm just kinda curious about the brembo braking package, (if anyone knows..) how much does it cost when it comes time for maintenance with those? (new pads, rotors, etc)

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
true.

looking at diamond graphite, laser red, and black obsidian.

im thinking about maybe middle of next year I will look into them more..i'd like to get rid of this car at some point because it's been nice but i want something a little sportier.

the other option is (around the same price but a completeyl different league of cars..) 04/05 SS

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
a woman who worked for my mom awhile back had a white '03? coupe, auto trans.. i had to move her car so i could get mine out of my driveway once and i was looking around the inside, and thats when i began noticing these cars years ago.

then i noticed they sound fucking amazing.. and then i drove one..

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
id stay away from the 03s...at least from things ive read. i know the 03 Z's "supposedly" had trans issues...ive noticed nothing yet. ive heard the 03 Gs has some build quality issues tho. rattles, brakes wearing out quicker, etc. take it w/ a grain of salt tho. just things ive randomly read

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Everyone knocks on the sedan, but dont realize the sedan is lighter, faster, and basically the same damn car, just 2 extra doors. I like both the coupe and the sedan, but I like sedans more. You will find more sedans because they sold more over the coupes iirc. You can pickup a 03-04 with under 50K miles for under $15K now.

The 03-04 coupes are the only ones with brembos. They stock OEM brakes on the 03-04s are decent but dust ALOT. The brembos will provide better longevity when it comes to hard braking. The 05-07 brakes were improved greatly. Stay away from 05-07 6MT models with the VQ Rev-up engine. The 5ATs across all years are very solid in these cars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info