New TBSS bolt on only record, 12.2 @ 109

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Went to us41 yesterday to see how much the stainless works headers and true duals helped out, To my surprise they made a huge difference!

mods are as follows,
-Prototype Bolt-On Speed.com low mount 4" cold air intake:biggrin2:
-Stainless Works 1 3/4 Headers
-Bolt On Speed modified 2.5" "true duals" from stainless works
-Ported throttle body
-SKIBA Tune! (no changes made from tune i drive on everyday)
-Pcmforless tcm with my own tuning (allows for converter lockup at commanded speed, Highly reccomended!!!)
-asp underdrive pulley
-C6 E-fans
-RPM level 6 Transmission
-A baby 3000 3 disk VIGILANTE 9.5" Converter!
-M&H drag radials
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weight reduction- 3 passenger seats and spare tire removed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
These runs were on the STOCK CAM AND UNTOUCHED STOCK HEADS! NO SPRAY!
-Intake manifold was also stock (Frankenstein didnt show up in time!)

The DA for yesterdays record run was +1003'

[email protected]
Silver_1224slip.jpg

This truck will be at nats, everyone is welcome to look it over, those are the true mods!

I cant wait for the "Frankenstein" intake manifold to show up! (tomorrow?) You may just see a bolt-on truck go 11's this fall

My truck will be about a full second slower than that once I get it tuned! These guys are crazy! The funny thing is, the same guy had an SS with a 402 in it and only managed an 11.9 before it blew up.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
That truck is definitely a factory freak first of all, his is 2wd which is about 600lbs lighter with the weight reduction, and the drag radials are smaller than stock tire size making the rear gear right about 4.80.

If I was able to pull 600lbs out of my truck and put a 26" tire on all 4 corners and get tuned mine would probably run about a 12.50. As it sits right now, its probably a 13.4-13.5 truck and if it were tuned 13.3-13.4 maybe.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
That truck is definitely a factory freak first of all, his is 2wd which is about 600lbs lighter with the weight reduction, and the drag radials are smaller than stock tire size making the rear gear right about 4.80.

If I was able to pull 600lbs out of my truck and put a 26" tire on all 4 corners and get tuned mine would probably run about a 12.50. As it sits right now, its probably a 13.4-13.5 truck and if it were tuned 13.3-13.4 maybe.

I agree, the 2wd ones are nuts at the track. i saw a few run when I pulled my 12.92 in the TA. 1 was AWD and was 12.4's SC'd and 2 2wd's on bolt-on's, tune and tire run about the same

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
There is a group of about 6 guys from the south burbs, including this guy, who have crazy fast bolt on trucks. They are big into racing both street and track, and have some pretty trick setups. My truck right now on 100 shot would probably be about as fast as this one, which is just insane!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info