All TCG mechanics step inside...

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Best I could find:

The plastic intake manifold is removed in order to gain access to the front bank of plugs.
It sounds like a more difficult job than it is, just a lot of 'stuff' to disassemble. Took about an hour - paraphrasing the service manual:

Disconnect throttle and cruise control cables, remove mounting bracket, disconnect electrical sensors (I think that there were 3 or 4 involved, remove Air filter and Air filter housing, remove bolts securing dipstick tube, oil fill pipe, front support bracket. Remove bolts securing intake manifold and lift it off of the silicone gasket and slide it a bit, back toward the firewall keeping the EGR tube connected. Now you have a clear shot at the plugs.
Just keep track of all of the things you disconnected/removed so you can put it all back togther.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
If it is a V6, I'd assume it is like the Town and country, where your best bet is from the bottom to get the rear plugs... other wise I don't know... Let me interwebz search and come back.....

The minivans had 3.8's also, which are completely different than the motor in the pacifica.

I did a timing belt and water pump on a 3.5 in an Intrepid...I wouldn't wish that on anybody! It was a little different intake set-up than the pacifica's motor, but I was starting to get valvetrain noise when it got over 60K...and that's the main reason I dumped it when I did...although we needed a bigger car with the kids anyway.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
6gwkl5.jpg

///chrysler

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
FYI to everyone it wasn't hard at all, to be honest it's easier than w-bodies lol. After you get all the sensors disconnected it's a cake walk. Just takes a while to get all the coil on plugs off and whatnot. Putting everything back on took like 5min since we knew what to do already. After doing this once and knowing what to do i say this could be done with the correct tools in 45min. But :gives: lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info