i thought the camaro production date started march 16

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
the on-sale date was march 16. I've had it marked on my calendar for a few weeks now :bigthumb:

It was always scheduled to go on sale in the first quarter of 2009, and that only leaves til the end of March.

Looks like all of those pictured are V6 models

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
V6 Camaro, no thanks........ lol

Ill keep my slow RX8 instead of trading it in for a slow camaro. :p

welcome to tcg

The acceleration numbers we pulled on the 2009 Challenger SE with its mandatory four-speed automatic transmission were as unimpressive as you would expect from a 3,819-pound car with a 250-hp engine. Zero to 60 takes 8.1 seconds. The SE eats up 16.1 seconds traveling through the quarter-mile.

Chevrolet is estimating that the V6 Camaro can get to 60 mph in 6.1 seconds and complete the quarter in 14.4 seconds. That's with either the standard six-speed manual or the optional six-speed automatic. Houlihan thinks that with final tweaking, his team will be able to get that figure down to 5.9 seconds to 60 mph. That's not going to be enough to beat a 350Z, but it would surely take down a Mazda RX-8.

Even accounting for the not exactly impartial source of this information, it's pretty clear the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro V6 will be quick enough to at least get a car enthusiast's attention.

Renesis07

Forum Sponsor
Mar 10, 2009
Mundelein IL
I honestly didnt realize the V6 Camaro was going to be that quick, I figured it wouldve been a dog like the V6 challenger, charger, and mustang lol.

Now I have a conversation piece about my car at least

"Yea the RX8 looks fast and make a lot of noise, with some more bolt-ons, Ill be able to keep up with a V6 Camaro; its fast dude."

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
This V-6 isn't going to be like other V-6 Camaros, that's for sure. It's still has a lot of weight to carry around (3700 pounds) but it has 300 hp and is claimed to be rated at 27 mpg on the highway. The 2010 GT mustang is only rated at 22 mpg highway with the auto, and 23 mpg with the manual. The V-6 mustang (210 hp) is rated at 26 and 24 highway mpg with manual and auto, respectively.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info