Any help in recovering stolen car appreciated!

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
Unfortunately my 2005 GXP was stolen recently, any help appreciated.

Quick Story/Mini Rant
While at the Niles, IL XSport gym Sunday night 2/22 at approximately 12:30 AM (really Monday 2/23), my 2005 Maroon Grand Prix was stolen.

The two suspects, stole items from the gym area (i.e. keys and other belongings), used the remote to find the car in the parking lot and drove off with it. Ironically, the two suspects were able to enter the gym two days in a row without showing any ID and were suspecting of stealing items on both nights......

When the police came to take my statement and I started to describe the guys, the cops looked at the desk workers and said .... ' Was this the guys from last night?' to which the desk workers replied ... 'Yeah'..... One of the desk workers gave one of them a bottle of water..... (If you knew they were stealing the night before, how are they in the building, why do you give them water, and why didn't you tell anyone? )

Car Details
2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP
Color : Maroon
Mileage : ~56k Miles
VIN : is 2G2WC52C051291105.
License # : G116301
Options : Navigation, XM, OnStar, Black Leather seats, Moonroof
Distinguishing Marks : No Front Plate (nor plate holder), Scratch on front center from garage door brushing up against it.
Photos : While no actual photos available at the moment, the car listed here is pretty comparable : http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/ctd/1043235156.html
Items in Vehicle : Glenview Library bag w/ 7 newly checked out books, booster seat, dock for Baby Trends car seat, Baby Trends stroller in trunk.
Notes Car is most likely still in metro-Chicago area and has not hit a major expressway. Cash reward for any information leading to recovery.

Any information can be sent to me ([email protected]) or Detective Beyer of the Niles PD ([email protected]). Please feel free to post/forward to other chicago area boards.

Thanks!

Last edited:

E

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
State of Confusion
Real Name
E
There's no pic in the link but i'll keep an eye out for one.
Would help if you put a pic of the original car but this is as close as i can find on the net

9c15644a435f93d66a83cca48861.jpeg

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
so why can't they locate it through onstar? Or have onstar immobilize the car?

Thats what I was thinking. Or do they just do a "screw you, you should have paid?"

I dont have an OnStar subscription but when I called them they knew right where I was when I tried to get them to "give me a deal" :squint:

I'll keep an eye out here in the city. I hope for my 04's safety.. wait, no I dont.

beyerch

Addict
Jan 20, 2009
OnStar only works if you have a valid account. After calling the police, the next call was to OnStar. When you have an active account, they assign a cell phone number to the device which is what allows them to call into it. However, if there is not an active account, the device has no number and they cannot call into it. OF course, if you press the button, it can call OnStar. I doubt they will be as kind as to do that.
As to why I did not have an active OnStar account..... Never thought I'd use it. Oops!

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Im not sure if you tried already but I would just give Onstar a call just to see. Im not sure if you purchased your car new or not but if you did you got a year free IIRC. Maybe they still have your info and if you wanted pay for your account and possibly recover the car???:dunno:

andcbii

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2008
Sue the gym!!

Wont help, they aren't liable...

I don't know about that. You might be able to claim that their negligence is what directly resulted in your car being stolen. If they weren't checking IDs (You do need a membership to get into this place right?) and were letting people in who they knew had been causing problems then you might be able to prove they were at least partly at fault.

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
anybody know any school bus drivers around Chicago?

school bus drivers love to be nosey and get in other people's business... the more eyes, the better... :io:

oh, and I helped recover a stolen car here in Rockford... the idiot owner left the keys in it running, and the idiot that stole it kept driving it around Rockford... I spotted it a week later... fucking pot head tore it up...

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
anybody know any school bus drivers around Chicago?

school bus drivers love to be nosey and get in other people's business... the more eyes, the better... :io:

oh, and I helped recover a stolen car here in Rockford... the idiot owner left the keys in it running, and the idiot that stole it kept driving it around Rockford... I spotted it a week later... fucking pot head tore it up...

Wow.

Biff

Banned
May 24, 2007
Sounds like these are some expert criminals with a plan - the most dangerous type.

I keep a camera with me everywhere i go, and will keep an eye out for this maroon GXP.

What a fuckin shitty feeling going out to the parking lot only to see yer car was stolen. I know the feeling.

I swear by THIS gadget as a theft deterrent.

14j6c6q.gif

If anything, it will persuade the scummy thief to look for a quicker, easier target.

I hope the insurance company treats you nice [rat bastards!]

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info