Jetta TDI

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
If all things go as planned (fingers crossed) I should have a teaching job for the next school year. My car, even though it has been good to me, is getting too old and it's about ready to go. I've been looking around, pricing, researching, etc etc. Landed on the 2009 Jetta TDI, went and test drove a 6 speed manual one at Auto Barn MP on Friday and was very impressed. Was a very solid car, smooth, quiet, comfy. Now I know that a lot of people do not like diesels, but this completely blew my mind. Opinions on the car?

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
What kind of priceing for a new one? Prices on used dropped fast when diesel cost got so high.
Are you kidding me? Have you ever tried finding a used VW TDI? They are hard to find and hold their value pretty well.

you should get it but dont let nick drive it...it would be funny.
Why would i need to drive his when i might get my own? Just kidding, not being able to drive that would be cruel and unusual punishment. Though Jetta TDI wagon 6sp would be my million mile family car
0703_z+2008_volkswagen_jetta_wagon+front_corner.jpg

Last edited:

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
What kind of priceing for a new one? Prices on used dropped fast when diesel cost got so high.

They are actually REALLY reasonably priced. I've priced them down to the options I want to around $23K. That includes leather, sunroof, pretty everything except the navigation and really nice wheels. And like poopshinanigons said, they seem to hold their value REALLY well.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
There's also a $1,300 tax credit available on the 2009 Jetta TDI that falls under the alternative fuel vehicle tax credit. Used to be only for hybrids and the Civic CNG, but for 2008 they added the credit for passenger car diesels.

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
What other car is that reasonably priced that is a diesel though?

My mom bought her bug at AB MP and they were always nothing but nice whenever I was in there. I'm not set on getting it from Auto Barn, it was just the nearest VW dealer when I got the idea to go out and look.

I got my GTI from them and had all my service done there.

I never really had any good experiences at Fox Valley or the one in Crystal Lake though

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info