My Project

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
Well my bro did it so im taking the plunge. the other day i bought this.
6-3.jpg

For those of you wondering its a 6.0l 364ci LQ4. Its going in this
6-5.jpg

I have a lot of work to do. Right now i have some questions raised about the block for fitment reasons. It will fit but on the earlier 6.0s they had a longer crank which in hibites the use of certain transmissions. I want to eventually put a T56 in but temporarily im going to stick to the stock 5spd manual....if it holds ip to me, lol. Appearance mods will come later this summer for the truck(i.e. 2/4 drop, 20"wheels, tint, and tonneau cover) Stock they put up 310hp/340tq......but who said im keeping it stock ;)

First mods to get:

Pacesetter LT's
Pacesetter ORY
L92 heads
L76 Intake
somewhere around 230/230 .590ish cam

All that shoul net me around 390ish hp and 400is tq @ the wheels with a good tune maybe much more

Last edited:

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
Yep Balls and Euro are correct The Lq4 is an iron block that you'd get out of Heavy Duty Silverados, Denalis and such. If iI would have found one from the Silverad SS or Escalade then it would be an LQ9 which is 345hp/380tq. The only difference between the two are flat top pistons and which enables the LQ9 to carry a 10.5:1CR. I've got High hopes but I ran into a snag with this one :( I will either have to work with it kick the fucker I bought it from in the balls. I purchased it out of the bargain finder with the description of 2001 1500HD 6.0 well that would have been cool b/c the 02's and up had the better heads and the shorter cranks. Well upon looking @ it at the guys house I seen it had Iron heads, so I thought ok it might be an early 02 and didn't get the aluminum heads so I buy i bring it home and remove the torque converter and flexplate and it has the longer crank so the motor is either an 99-00 WTF!? In all what this prevents is the use of using any trans besides the 4l80e Heavy duty trans FUCK that i wanna go T56. Unfortunitely I no longer have the bargain finer to prove his false advertising :( But i could just buy another crank for maybe like 150ish my only concern now is how many miles are actually on it

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info