Yay or Nay?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I'm starting to line up all my parts for the civic to be ready for spring *Transmission, Might be picking up a 1.6 liter block to build-up for boost :eek:, stage 1 Exedy Street Clutch*

and am kinda poking around at wheels:

I don't have ANY decent side-shots of my civic (Aside from the one below, which is bad because it doesn't show stance or wheel-gap because its on a jack), but its a white EG hatch as many of you know, and I'm thinking about picking a set of these up locally for probably sub $200.

15X7 4X100 *obviously* Borbet T-types, 17.5lbs:

borbet3.jpg

I LOVE 5 spoke rims on EG hatches, especially of the 15" and dark colored varity, here is the only shot I have of my old rims.

PIC-0206.jpg

Last edited:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Personally, I would put some work into the body first -- side-molding, rust patching -- then slap on a set of nice rims.

But those rims do very nice and I think they'd look good on the white hatch.

I need to educate myself in the ways of bondo *Its just the rear quarters, everything else is clean* the bondo on the door I did, just didn't get around to sanding down *I have some paint and the tools to deal with all that*

and the rest I just need new panels.... *New front bumper, new rear bumper, new pass side front fender*

He only wants $125 for them, but its up in wisconsin, so I'm feeling $150-175 shipped.

Last edited:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Sounds like this car is a good learning experience for you, something to experiment with. Wish I had the time for something like that.

Yea, Its been fun, its been real, but it hasn't been real fun, Lol.

I may try doing a "$50 paint job" so I can learn how to do bondo and what-not *I have a small aircompressor and could pickup a paint gun pretty cheap I'm sure and do atleast something better than a rattle-can job*

I'm not going to purchase any more goodies for the car untill spring now, its running which is good enough, and I have the SI transmission, and plan on painting it while the tranny is being re-done when it gets nice outside again.

(So I may pass on these rims sadly, but he did make mention of driving half-way somewhere, so we will see what happens, $125+15 in gas so $140 for a set of 4 Borbet T-types, CRAZY good deal.)

I'm still kinda deciding on my long-term goals.

1) Motor swap a LS or GSR motor into it and do a small turbo kit *6-8PSI*

2) Pickup a D16A6 or Z6 block and get it built (Big rods, forged pistons) and run a high-boost turbo since my head is already fresh (Something in the neighborhood of 20PSI), and I'll be saving some money because I already have the SI transmission.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Dasfinc
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list