thoughts on the Suzuki SX4 hatchback

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
i know its obscure and a Suzuki but my wife really likes it alot. i think its a pretty cool little crossover and it comes with some pretty cool features for the price.

http://www.suzukiauto.com/sx4_crossover/

http://www.cars.com/go/crp/research...091C0&year=2009&section=features&aff=national

if you have any thoughts or experience with them please chime in or if you have a similar vehicle around the same price lets hear it...oh and used is fine.

ZY4.jpg

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
My dad has the FWD base model. It's an alright car I guess. Gets good gas mileage. To me though, it seems a little weird to drive sometimes. I always seem to be going faster than I think I am. It does have a good amount of room though, for a small car. I don't drive it too much, but for the most part it doesn't really appeal to me. He's had it for almost a year and so far I don't think he's had any problems with it. If you and your wife like it, I'd say go for it then.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
ah i did. Joe do you have any first hand experience or other recommendations?

we plan on test driving an auto and a manual one probably next weekend.

Naw, I haven't driven one yet. What does she think of your Subie hatch? I'd also check out the new Impreza if she's looking for a small hatch. It's about $1,500 more than the Suzuki but has slightly better safety ratings. Gas mileage and reliability reports are pretty similar.

The 2009 Vibe and Matrix are also good cars with the 2009 redesign but AWD models MSRP at $20,000 and over; this doesn't include incentives, though.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
she likes the wagon so far but its a bit on the larger side. shes driving an 01 focus zts right now and size wise its good but its boring and she just wants something different.

i'll see what she says on maybe a wrx sedan. she does not like the vibe/matrix. i tried pitching that one but she had one as a rental and didnt like it at all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info