exhaust repair

UWISHU1

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2004
Hanover Park
the GP has been annoyingly loud lately and blamed the cold weather. I finally took a look and right after the 3" pipe into the "Y" has a crack and on the pass. side where the muffler connects to.

I took it to a neighborhood shop where I usually take my beaters to and the dude wanted to do the entire 3" exhaust from the cat back and the 2.5" Y pipe to the mufflers for $90.

I personally believed the hair line cracks could have been welded of course the dude was like "no it's rusty and it won't hold" I like fuck it just put it back down cuz all I had was $20 so I'd figured he'd say OK then he's like for $20 I'll put some cement on it (temporary of course) and I was like I can do that :picard:

anyways any of you know of a decent exhaust show in the NW burbs??

UWISHU1

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2004
Hanover Park
What place wanted to do the whole thing for $90 bucks? Sounds like some Valesquez and Son's shit. They already ruined a set of pacesetters for me, i wouldn't take a lawnmower there for exhaust work. Shittiest welds I've seen in my life.

lol how did you guess :roflpicard: that's why I was worried when he wanted to take a custom exhaust set up and cut it off just the fix the lil cracks in the Y pipe.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
They welded THROUGH an O2 bung on my DP. I'm still furious every time i look at it and haven't taken it back to be fixed because it just pisses me off to think about it. Oh yea, and when i took it in and told them the threads in the bung were fucked, they coated my O2 sensor with PB blaster than forced it in eating all the threads off my O2 sensor. This same shop also installed the DP to Y pipe and left a half inch gap BEFORE the O2 sensor so i was reading LTFT's of 14 and the car ran shittier times than it ever has at the trackday in Cordova because in reality I'm sure it was running pig rich. It's hood over here in Aurora so i'm probably gonna roll through with my buddy that's a cop and tell Carlos to give me my fucking money back for his down syndrome-esque welding skills.

VALESQUEZ AND SONS SUCKS

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
that blows. most muffler places seem to suck at welding. i took some stuff in to midas one time and they charged me $20 to weld a flange to an inline muffler. it looked like total shit and was blobbed on there. now that i have access to a welder life is much better.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
I basically welded mine up last year. The flange bolts didn't line up so i just cut them off and welded them together. It's hard to weld upside down.

Correction...it hurts to weld upside down!

Last muffler job I did, I had weld splatter go right down my ear canal (twice) on both ears!!!

Didn't do any damage, but man I move quick when my body is on fire!

A couple of years ago I took a 1/4" chunk out of my arm from splatter welding upside down.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info