Have you ever wanted some part of your car to fail?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Aside from "Before the warranty runs out" so not like "the LIM so it gets covered by warranty" but like my example:

I want the transmission in the ranger to let go, So I can start shopping for a wrecked explorer to start swapping parts with :pedobear:

(Can't and won't bring myself to spend money on the ranger since A) My mom drives it right now, B) I have the honda C) Wanting/trying to get out of debt, but if it lets go, it lets go, and my mom will just have to figure it out without my help)

Sinister

Oct 14, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Real Name
Justin
I tried and tried and tried to blow the trans on my old '94 Grand Prix when I was 17 so I could convince my parents to co-sign on a new car for me. Took me months and months of neutral drops, reverse to drive burnouts and other automotive douchebaggery for it to let go.

Then I was forced to drop $2k for a trans rebuild. :io::rollpicard:

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
its not that ive ever WANTED something to fail, but when I had my wrx i was waiting for my trans to go kerpluie so i could throw gears in it. And it did. And i was ready. I had a credit card set aside just for my trans fund, and used it to throw the jdm sti gears in, and couldnt have been happier. haha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info