Post the details on your audio system and how you like it

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
The civic's audio is just about finished (Not gonna modify anything on the car mechanically because A) It will just hurt its value being a virgin EJ and B) It runs too damn good to tweak)

It has Pioneer 6 1/2's front and back, a high end Sony Xplode Headunit (the $160 model, not the $99 Walmart special), A Boston Acoustics 12" Subwoofer and a 400 Watt JVC Amp powering it with 4 gauge wire front to back.

I'd like to get a 4 channel amp for the speakers and to mount the amps on the back of the rear seat (Speakers could use some more volume to get vocals over the bass of the sub), but otherwise it sounds VERY crisp, and hits plenty hard for a car as small as it. There are only some songs that the sub range misses (which may be solved with some adjusting of the amp)

I have a pair of sony Xplode 6X9's sitting here (the like 3XX watt each ones) and I have no idea what to do with them (Maybe the rear deck of the civic to replace the old rear pioneers?)

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
panasonic cq5301u head unit, alpine mrp t220 amp, tsunami 6ga?wiring / 50a fuse , infinity 12" sub , qlogic box , stock speakers

would like two new infinity 12" subs in a nice ported box and some infinity speakers.. i like the sound quality of the brand from my experiences.

Mickey

Look at those low rates!
Feb 13, 2008
Normal, IL
Real Name
Mickey Cole
Sony head unit and stock speakers that are well on their way out. I would also rather not spend money on trash that wont make my car faster. But if I was to do something I would probably get an alpine head unit and some JL subs. I have no idea who makes good speakers. I do know that a guy showed me JL subs once and I fell in love with the sound.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
my stereo is 6 years in the making and is one of my favorite parts of my car...
alpine 9887? head unit

(i dont like the sub aspect all thaaat much... but it works)

polk 12, in a sealed box

jl4300e powering the sub and the front speakers (no rear speakers)

my pride and joy- my mb quart reference q component set in the front 5.25s

(600 new... i had a girlfriend buy them for me junior year of highschool to get me to stay with her... and i kept em.)

and many here will attest to my stereo. i love it.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
no rear speakers at all.

i had pioneer 6x9s, then infinity 6x9s, then boston 6x9s, and the best sound is just letting the fronts do what they do best. you gotta hear it sometime, the tweeters are a titanium dome tweeter and are insane, woofers are kevlar coated and incredible for 5.25s.

you would never guess there wasnt rear speakers

I used to buy stereo stuff like a rich old man going after hookers. I had a bazooka bass tube, then 2 audiobahn 10s, then 2 infinity 10s, then 2 alpine type r 10s, then one alpine type r 15 (my fave that i had... just weighed way too much.), then back to two type r tens once i figured out how to build boxes awesomely, then i blew one of them, and the other wound up in my jeep that i had, and then i put the polk momo in, and thats where it is today...

front speakers i had, polks, infinitys, sonys, then got the mb quarts

amps, i have gone through too many, my fave were the viper amps i had, the 15 had a badass one, and i have a 5 channel which is one of the meanest amps i have ever seen... then it broke. haha

i just wrote a book no one is most likely going to enjoy reading... sorry haha
the mb quarts are power hungry, and when i had them just hooked up to the head unit, didnt do it well. but to the jl 4 channel, just awesome.

and no, didnt keep the girlfriend haha.

Kenwood KDCMP435U Head Unit- Awesome and cheap, has a usb port in the front and aux. port in the back and also supports hd radio, ipod, etc.

2 Infinity Reference 1252W Subs powered by a Kenwood 1000w amp and wired with all Memphis wires in a qlogic sealed box- I cannot begin to explain how loud this is for how little I paid for it. Both of the subs are pretty much blown from 1 1/2 years of abuse but still shake my entire house when I pull in the driveway

Infinity Reference speakers all around- basic cheap infinity speakers but they have a really really crisp sound to it and don't distort easily

I paid probably about $900 for all this 1 1/2 years ago and I still love it to this day minus the fact it is a lot quieter than when I first bought it from beating on it so much. This summer though I plan and hope to build a whole new system which will include 2 12" Alpine R's powered by a 2000 watt amp and Infinity Kappa speakers powered by an infinity amp

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Stock. I like. It's a bose system so it is more than tolerable for a stock radio. It has a 6 disc which I like, 8" speakers in the doors (yes 8") so it has some pretty decent low. I dont drive the truck enough to justify spending $1k+ dollars to get something that is enough of an upgrade over stock.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
From the cars I've owned I have found the GM delco systems sound pretty reasonable with maybe just a speaker upgrade. Fords definately need to be removed and replaced. I was into car audio for awhile, but lost interest in it. You can get OK sound in a car, but if you go around cranking it up a lot, you might as well kiss it goodbye, since stereo theives will follow you home and come back when you're sleeping (I have had 5 systems stolen)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info