2 PCM's, one bricked, one ??

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
I have 2 PCM's, 1 from my 04 Comp G, and another from a 04 GTP. The one from my car had a tune on it that, but its now bricked, and another is from a GTP (non Comp G), so it wouldnt work. Anyone able to unbrick an 04+ PCM?

Also is anyone able to upload a modded bin to a PCM not in a car? I dont want to buy a canned tune from ZZP or WBS (which I've done 2-3 times so far since I keep bricking them) and I dont want to experiment on the non bricked GTP PCM to see if pulling the radio fuse was the cause of bricking the past 3 computers.

I still have O2 sensor codes for both bank 1 and bank 2. I need to either figure out the problem (replaced sensors, check partially frayed wiring) but nothing so far. The car NEEDS to pass emissions.

-Nick

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
i didnt have any problems flashing comp g bin's to al's 04 gt after the swaps before i finally got a GTP nontap bin from billy

i dont know if the pcm part numbers are different but i sure suprized the hell outta us to see the upshift light on the dash come on...so ya can probably flash the compg file into that gtp PCM

ta tell ya the truth i've been looking for an 04+ harness in a Jyard car so i can grab the pcm connectors...i've been wanting a 97-01 and 04+ offboard setup for a while now

i'll talk to al but i doubt he'd have a problem tossing yer PCM into his car to flash yer file onto it how long do ya have before those sniffer assholes really stick their noses into yer "tailpipe"?

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
i didnt have any problems flashing comp g bin's to al's 04 gt after the swaps before i finally got a GTP nontap bin from billy

i dont know if the pcm part numbers are different but i sure suprized the hell outta us to see the upshift light on the dash come on...so ya can probably flash the compg file into that gtp PCM

ta tell ya the truth i've been looking for an 04+ harness in a Jyard car so i can grab the pcm connectors...i've been wanting a 97-01 and 04+ offboard setup for a while now

i'll talk to al but i doubt he'd have a problem tossing yer PCM into his car to flash yer file onto it how long do ya have before those sniffer assholes really stick their noses into yer "tailpipe"?

Sounds great, all I need are minor alterations, mainly the codes, and the usual canned stuff.

Well heres the thing. Last year (almost a year ago) they sent me a notice to go in to have the sniffer done by September, (full well knowing I wouldnt pass, I should have just gone), I never did it and between the car running off/on and the SES light I never did it and the plate renewal came in September, I never renewed my plates :picard: and I'm pretty sure that I'm going to need to do the sniffer first to be able to renew my plates.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• SaturdaysGS
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list