I hate my car

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
So its been doing this for a while now and I shoulda posted it on here for some help. As of right now my car is sitting in Orland and I'm at home. Last night after eating I went back out to my car and it turned over sputtered, died and then would only turn over and not fire or start. It's done this to me a few times but they've been pretty spread out. Car doesnt like to start when it's warm/hot. After sitting for a long time (usually like an hour or so) I can try it and it'll start. It cold starts just fine. My guess is last night I got impatient and fouled out my plugs, I have a new set to change them there if i have to. I'm going to go get it in a while. Hope it starts. But any thoughts on what the starting problem might be, just the plugs in general? Theres no CEL. and once it starts it usually runs fine. just doesn't like to re-start when it's warm.

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
Turns out it wasnt my bad oil pressure switch, (it was bad but not the problem)
The boost from the sc was holding the throttle plate shut when it was warm and flooding the car. when it was cold it started fine because the choke held the plate open a little but when its hot its all the way closed, I talked to a ford tech and says he's heard of it a few times on sc cars. I never woulda guessed. But it's worked so far, just hold the gas a little bit when turning the car over and I haven't had a problem since.

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
im starting to notice that when my car is warm, it takes plenty more cranking and almost not fire up. last night was the first time i had to try to crank it twice...

but once it starts, it runs great.

Maybe it isn't just because of the supercharger. Try holding the gas just a tad to open up the tb a little and see if there's a difference for you maybe? Always worth a try.:dunno:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info