OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
https://www.patriot-performance.com/xcart/home.php?cat=15
Then sell yours for $$ to recouperate some of the cost. I wouldnt just take it to any machine shop. Some guy going to town on your ports with a die grinder doesnt mean its going to improve anything. Buy a head from a reputable shop, or find someone who has experience with modifying the ecotec heads.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Then sell yours for $$ to recouperate some of the cost. I wouldnt just take it to any machine shop. Some guy going to town on your ports with a die grinder doesnt mean its going to improve anything. Buy a head from a reputable shop, or find someone who has experience with modifying the ecotec heads.

$1500 with cams, seems like a good deal to me

CrawlinTBSS

Detailer
Jul 8, 2007
Naperville, IL
midwest engine tech is near joliet. kingcobra had his motor built there.

or theres PER in plainfield where i used to work. they do take awhile tho. id guess about 2 weeks. depends on how busy it is there now with the off season right now. id imagine alot of race people having stuff done now or close to done since season is soon.

Altiery54

TCG Elite Member
Jun 14, 2007
Braidwood

them are 2.2 heads which wont work on mine.

might just buy a new one though, the exhaust ports are piss poor on this car. with both intake/exhaust sides ported these cars see 30whp and about the same tq:)

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
them are 2.2 heads which wont work on mine.

might just buy a new one though, the exhaust ports are piss poor on this car. with both intake/exhaust sides ported these cars see 30whp and about the same tq:)

Most cars gain from good ported heads, If you do a lot of research, I don't see why you can't just do your own, I mean Aluminum cuts a lot easier than the Cast Iron heads that come in GP's and a ton of people home port their GP heads...And it will feel 50x better knowing that you made that difference, and didn't have to outsource your HP gain :)

Altiery54

TCG Elite Member
Jun 14, 2007
Braidwood
Most cars gain from good ported heads, If you do a lot of research, I don't see why you can't just do your own, I mean Aluminum cuts a lot easier than the Cast Iron heads that come in GP's and a ton of people home port their GP heads...And it will feel 50x better knowing that you made that difference, and didn't have to outsource your HP gain :)

true however there are certain things i am not yet comfertable with and this would be one of them:( a new head with valve job, springs, ported is going to run about $1500 which is not bad. can sell my stocker for like $425ish realisticly

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
true however there are certain things i am not yet comfertable with and this would be one of them:( a new head with valve job, springs, ported is going to run about $1500 which is not bad. can sell my stocker for like $425ish realisticly

cool, I guess if you looking for larger valves, most don't have the equip at home to do that

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info