Exhaust advice

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
If you're going to pay the money you might as well go long tubes, if you plan on doing the FI down the road they can't hurt. Most people I know run Mac or BBK's. Power difference's are minimal. As for mid, I've heard great things about the Mac pro-chamber, but I don't think it's catted. Whether you go x or h pipe is also something to read up on. They perform about the same but sounds different. Hope this helps :smile:

CrawlinTBSS

Detailer
Jul 8, 2007
Naperville, IL
LTs mid pipe and catback. SLP Loudmouths are okay as a catback with rest stock exhuast but ones a xpipe and LTs in they are very LOUD and raspy and annoying. i have magnaflow 2 chambers and i love the sound. doesnt get raspy til i really get on it and want it to sound that way. mine as well go LTs cause its takes about 12hrs to do headers, so do it once and tahts it, just dont get Kooks LTs.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
LTs mid pipe and catback. SLP Loudmouths are okay as a catback with rest stock exhuast but ones a xpipe and LTs in they are very LOUD and raspy and annoying. i have magnaflow 2 chambers and i love the sound. doesnt get raspy til i really get on it and want it to sound that way. mine as well go LTs cause its takes about 12hrs to do headers, so do it once and tahts it, just dont get Kooks LTs.

well i have some catback, don't know exactly what though... haven't looked yet.

I'm trying to decide either between getting the LT's and shorty x-pipes first or getting lowering springs with the 17x10.5 matching bullits with 315 nitto DR's first...

CrawlinTBSS

Detailer
Jul 8, 2007
Naperville, IL
yes LTs are a pain if you keep the motor in the car. the fastest key way do do it is unbolt the kmember and jack the car up and boom its all there on the floor. change the headers and drop'er back down and bolt it back in. thats what my buds did with my car for my kooks LTs. shit they didnt even take the front wheels off cause 2 of the studs broke and they still got it done. its the fastest way. doing it in the car will take 12hrs. ive done that before and blew ass.

LTs are way better angus... youll appreciate the effort much more once youve done it. shortys arnt deep, and they are worthless. mine as well do it once and be done with it. you can get like a set of Hooker LTs for like 200. they are nice. that what i had in my car with hooker catless x with magnas and sounded awesome.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
yes LTs are a pain if you keep the motor in the car. the fastest key way do do it is unbolt the kmember and jack the car up and boom its all there on the floor. change the headers and drop'er back down and bolt it back in. thats what my buds did with my car for my kooks LTs. shit they didnt even take the front wheels off cause 2 of the studs broke and they still got it done. its the fastest way. doing it in the car will take 12hrs. ive done that before and blew ass.

LTs are way better angus... youll appreciate the effort much more once youve done it. shortys arnt deep, and they are worthless. mine as well do it once and be done with it. you can get like a set of Hooker LTs for like 200. they are nice. that what i had in my car with hooker catless x with magnas and sounded awesome.

Oh without a doubt worth it. I was just giving a little insight as to how much of a pain in the ass it is. If you're not handy, then have someone do it for you, because it'll kick your ass.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I think installing longtubes on anything is a pain in the ass. Not familar with mustangs really, but I agree with these guys. Shorty headers are hardly an improvement over stock, rarely worth the money and time to install them. Do it once and do it right, LTs are the only way to go. Id also suggest getting stainless over a coated mild steel header. Over time they will still corrode, where the stainlesss wont.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Be a realist, not an optimist when it comes to what you expect your car to run. Im sure you already know that after owning and modding the sebring.

Are the transmissions pretty stout on those? I might suggest putting in a stall instead of LTs, then just doing the rest of the mods you were looking at. Should save you a decent amount of loot.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
found this:
7c5e_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-0...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I know it's an unknow brand but it looks ok. what do ya guys think?

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Dont be a cheapass. Good parts cost good money for a reason. Pick up something that is a name brand and has a reputation to uphold. Besides, that one primary has a damn S bend in it, how well could that flow?

If you want to save money, buy used parts. Not too much can go wrong with a set of headers. I just did the same thing and saved myself $500 over buying new headers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info