Anyone do any hilarious stuff in their cars?

B serious

Regular
Jan 18, 2009
ILLNOISE
I was on honda-tech recently and I came across a thread labeled "you know you own an EF when..."

You were supposed to put in the unique experiences involving owning an EF (88-91 civic).

I used to own one...and I knew me and my friends always had fun in the car...but I never realized how much fun we had in the car until I typed it out. This is actually just stuff I could remember from the top of my head.

I'm sure 11secsomeday will chime in with stuff he remembers.

Basically, this is just a copy and paste of my post from the thread in Honda-tech.

hahah

When you start up your car in the dead of winter and instantly start to drive in 1st at 7k RPMs till the car warms up.

Or because your engine burns so much oil (1 qt every 100 miles on the highway) that when cops chase you, you can drop a gear and disappear into a fog.

Or when a D16Z6 swap makes your car pretty damn quick.

Or when you pull up next to girls after rallying the car. It's caked in mud so you roll down the window to spit game anyway. It's their fault. They looked over.

When you push your friend's car bumper to bumper on the highway 45 miles from where it broke down. And your car is only operating on 3 cylinders. But you can still go 70mph.

When you go to a really rich suburb in Michigan (at your friend's lake house) to go out on your friend's dad's Yacht. Then you hook up a leaf blower into the intake, bungee the hood down and drive down the private roadways of some EXPENSIVE ass real estate. Then you autocross/road race in his driveway when his parents aren't home.

When you assume that the filler nozzle was from a lawn mower because that's how it looks on EFs. After weeks of agonizing in the cold to drip gas into the tank, you find out that there was a spoon in your gas filler nozzle. Then you tape the spoon to the front bumper. Wherever you go, people ask about it, and you reply only with "Spoon Sports".

When you paint your "PRIME" wheels flat black and call them "authentic spoon replicas".

When your friend falls off the back of it at 15mph and then tries to get up and pretend like nothing happened.

When you knock over your own street sign while being the drift king in your neighborhood in the snow.

When you knock over someone's mailbox while being the drift king in someone else's neighborhood in the snow.

When your friend tells you to hit the hay bale in the middle of the road at 50mph. Then your radiator cracks and you find out it was sod....not hay.

When you tap bumpers with your friend's beater at stoplights and then pretend to get into a fight over it.

When you come up to every stop light with the brakes slammed on and the tires screaming and up in smoke with the AOOOGAH horn on so as to scare the person who is allready waiting at the stop light.

When you slam into your friend's car at 10mph and NOTHING HAPPENS TO YOUR CAR!!

After all this stuff happening, the car still always looked great.

These are all true stories. I can swear to you...err...except for the running from cops thing.

I miss my EF. And being 18-19.

You guys have any interesting or funny stories?

B serious

Regular
Jan 18, 2009
ILLNOISE
i used to own an ef, and an eg. We used to shoot fire works out of the car at our other friends in other cars. Or we used to throw random shot out the windows at eahother. And we used to play the hot cold game.

lol we did the fireworks thing too. Except once, my friend Jason dropped a big ass bottle rocket inside the car. It blew up somewhere near my friend Mike. :bowrofl::bowrofl:

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
My first car was a police Caprice with spotlight, stripes, numbers as well as the outline of a star that they removed, but it still looked like the star from a distance. Back in high school I would terrorize parties with the spotlight and headlight flashers. Pull up, shine the spotlight into the house and watch people run out the back door.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
lol we did the fireworks thing too. Except once, my friend Jason dropped a big ass bottle rocket inside the car. It blew up somewhere near my friend Mike. :bowrofl::bowrofl:

haha same here. buddy would light them, put them on the roof and we'd watch them shoot forward. we felt like james bond!
Until 2 rolled back off the side of the roof and in the window and then went off... like i said we were idiots. burnt my leg and left burn marks across the headliner...

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
shopping cart bowling

and when my buddy had his civic hatch, we'd stuff our friend bob in the trunk and then go slide around iced over parking lots. you'd hear him slamming into the sides laughing like an idiot...then we'd go tot he gas station and he'd pop out of the trunk all dazed :rofl:

B serious

Regular
Jan 18, 2009
ILLNOISE
We chucked shopping carts. One of us would lean out and hold onto a cart. I would go around 50-60mph since the EF had stellar braking. Let the cart go and let it slam into a curb. We got one to flip over like twice in the air and land on it's wheels.

At the old Venture parking lot, we chucked them at thid abandoned CRX while one of us sat inside of it. lol..shopping cart at 50mph coming over the windshield was scary. Then we got like 7 guys and flipped the CRX over.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
10zti7k.jpg

used to go to local malls with my friends and we'd have shopping cart wars.. start with a cart pressed up against the bumper like this

20peeds.jpg

We'd rapidly speed at each other then let off and turn away. The carts then (if your aim was good enough) would collide and whoever's cart flipped over lost that round.

Probably 25-35 MPH impacts each way :rofl:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
We chucked shopping carts. One of us would lean out and hold onto a cart. I would go around 50-60mph since the EF had stellar braking. Let the cart go and let it slam into a curb. We got one to flip over like twice in the air and land on it's wheels.

At the old Venture parking lot, we chucked them at thid abandoned CRX while one of us sat inside of it. lol..shopping cart at 50mph coming over the windshield was scary. Then we got like 7 guys and flipped the CRX over.

Did that at the Dominicks on Barrington and Irving Park. Then would go to the Jewel down Irving close to Bartlett and see if they had any carts in the back there as well. We would get lucky and some of the carts had tubs of something so we would do about 50 in my 90 GP and slam them into the building and watch stuff explode.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
i remember one night back when i was in high school i driving down butterfield road with my ex girlfriend and my buddy following in his car. i decided to stand up through the sun roof and whip full bottles of water at his car while going 50MPH. he almost lost it and flew into the ditch multiple times while trying to dodge them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info