dealer warranty questions

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
i know there are a few of you that either work at a dealer or worked at one some point....i was wondering if warranties are worth it. the one in question is $1800 after financing and 3 yr/36K bumper to bumper coverage with a $100 deductable through infiniti. the car in question has 55K on the clock. the reason i'm asking is i do plan on modding the car a bit but it would suck if say my trans gears break but its blamed on my catback and not covered under warranty.

i need to come up with an answer by today so any help is greatly appreciated.

oh and more details and pics to follow.....:bigthumb:

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
um... thats a helluva warantty rip off. I have a 4yr 100K on my Audi for 1100 bucks... I had a 3 yr 100K on the GTO for less than a grand. and the Audi warranty has Zero deductible. And warrantys with mods are hit or miss. sometimes they cath it, sometimes they dont. Really depends on the dealership. How costly is an infinity to repair? I know the Audi is assinine if shit goes wrong, but the GTO was relativly cheap... so i guess it somes down to your estimatde repair bills, and how long your going to keep the car for, and what mods your gunna do to it.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
usually extended warranties are not worth it, and that offer doesnt sound like that good of a deal. The dealer cannot refuse warranty work unless they can prove the specific modification(s) caused whatever to fail. Infiniti's are expensvie to repair if you go to Infiniti. You can save almost half of your money by going to a Nissan dealership who will do the same exact work. Obviously warranty work would have to be done through Infiniti though.

What kind of car you looking at getting?

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
I dunno I bought a GM warranty when I bought the GP, which had 50k on it when I bought it. Its a 2 year/24k mile one I got for like $1400(ripped off, but shit....WELL FUCKING worth it in my case). $100 deductible, and it definitely came out to be the better decision. Well over $4k in repairs to the car later......and I'm not in debt out my ass.

What kind of car is it?

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
My Ford ESP warranty covered 2 Trans', an ac condensor, LIM gasket, hub bearing, and cooling fans.. all to the tune of (if performed at the dealer, of course) 6k+.

Was well worth the $1300 to me.

Yeah, mine covered.... Alternator, serp belt(twice), tuneups, misc interior power stuff, LIM gasket, few other things...aaaand a new motor

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info