Top 10 Cars You Should Never Drive on a First Date

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I'd rather have a minty Grand Marquis like Mark's to take on a date than a broke-ass Grand Prix with half-working heat, loud exhaust, rattling dash and no air conditioning in the summer.

But I can usually snag a fresh press car from work if needed.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Here is the direct quote from the article:

"Nothing says "My grandfather died and left me his car" like a night out in the Mercury Grand Marquis. It's also tough to have fun when people keep mistaking your love machine for a taxi cab. The Grand Marquis is a real throw-back to the days of RWD body-on-frame sedans, but your date likely won't go out of his or her way to extol the virtues of the Mercury's floating, glassy ride. "

That's almost exactly what happened! My grandpa passed, and my grandma was too old to drive, so I got it for free. I have a date next weekend and now I'm really embarrassed I have to pick her up in it. Maybe the weather will be nice and I can take the pony.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I have always wanted to borrow Grandma's Roadmaster...

2266_0.jpg

I need to do it.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I'd rather have a minty Grand Marquis like Mark's to take on a date than a broke-ass Grand Prix with half-working heat, loud exhaust, rattling dash and no air conditioning in the summer.

It is in remarkable shape. The carpet does have some coffee stains on it, but overall it's good. If the upkeep on the mustang wasn't so expensive, I would have traded in the Marquis for something a little more fitting.

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007

But I can usually snag a fresh press car from work if needed.

Word...the regal is the...don't let the chick see it or ride in it until I've hooked her...car

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info