car help.... i cant take it anymore

with this weather lately, could oil in a line for a oil pressure gauge mounted outtside freeze? my car was dead, charged it and it idled fine. went to drive around and car was acting wierd then when i clutched in it died and noticed my oil pressure gauge was reading zero. got it jumped but has an odd noise, doesnt sound like rod knock tho because i know what thats like. so could the oil be frozen, cars been sitting outside for 3 days and hasnt ran. but when i fired it up to warm it up after charging it sounded fine to me. also i hear a slight clicking noise by the injectors, is that the sound of a bad one? car keeps dying when i clutch in to come to a stop. then i need to jump it to get it started again...

fuck my life. its one thing after another with this car. finally get the surge to go away, cold freezes up my shit and when i finally get it started and wants to pull more shit.

5w30 in it.

manual recommends 5w20. so its not really that much of a difference. i just wanna know if my oils frozen in there or if my oil pump is trashed. once my bro jumped it and i ran it home it barely made it back. but no sounds of anything like rodknock indicated that my oil pressure is gone... it was idling fine but rough. and sounds like an injector clicking to which i could understand causing the car to die and run shitty along with the battery. but im just afraid of running it anymore if my oil pressure is truely gone.

yes its quiet loud, never heard it before like this. its right by the injector/intake area.

doesnt sound like rod knock, i know what that sounds like, from my old car, and its deff coming from up top.

only thing i could thing of with the oil shit is some condesation in the lines could have frozen preventing the gauge from reading... i just dont wanna start it again and blow every bearing.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
is there an oil pressure sensor instead of going off something mechanical ?

maybe you could hook a snap on scanner if you know someone with one up to the diagnostic port and see if you can check it VIA that..that is, if you have the oil pressure sensor or a sending unit (if its electronic.)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info