projector headlights...

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Never mind. Saw it.

I'm pleased with mine :dunno: They needed more work than I would have thought for the price, but I'm sure you can get them used from people who don't know how to align them properly and got fed up.

The HID sets are picky from what I remember reading and may need some adjustments to the capsule for some kits to fit.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I wouldn't advise buying projectors new. The capsule and light projection is excellent but it's everything else that needs work, like adjustments and fitment. They honestly don't need that much work if you read the write-ups on ClubGP and are handy with home depot fabrication.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I wouldn't advise buying projectors new. The capsule and light projection is excellent but it's everything else that needs work, like adjustments and fitment. They honestly don't need that much work if you read the write-ups on ClubGP and are handy with home depot fabrication.

Im not saying that its hard to get them to fit right or get the light output to be great. It is however, bullshit to have to sink time and money into originally $400 headlight capsuls. They should have been install, plug, play. We arent talking about Intense here. :mamoru:

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I've had HID in stock capsules, HID in black capsules and then the projectors. The halogen projectors are better than both as far as function, but then you have to look at budget and amount of work the projectors need. I'm still considering going to HID. I've still got the ballasts and just need the bulbs for the projectors.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Im not saying that its hard to get them to fit right or get the light output to be great. It is however, bullshit to have to sink time and money into originally $400 headlight capsuls. They should have been install, plug, play. We arent talking about Intense here. :mamoru:

True. But what are they going for now? I have no clue as I'm done modding the Prix and haven't been active on ClubGP in some time.

snoop

Regular
Oct 15, 2008
wow, thank u guys very much for the info and reply's.....WHAT UP FISH!!!!
but what kind of fab work are we talking about. i dont mind doing stuff like that at all. i mean how much money, etc had to be done to get them to work.
they are going for like 150 on ebay...ya know what, it maybe like 200 with shipping, forgot to look at that. but i dont mind the work to get them right, but what other tool or what have you do i have to get to make them right?
so the 9007 hid headlight kit will not fit in these at all?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
they go for about around $180 new on ebay

Wow. Had no idea. The ones I bought were the Spyder projectors. Don't know who makes the ebay ones or if it's the same vendor.

I used some home weather stripping under the capsules. While it ain't pretty, it gets the job done. When the weather warms up, and if I care enough, I may try to do a more sightly job of fixing it, but appearance isn't a priority.

snoop -- there are a bunch of threads over on ClubGP about fitting washers in the bracket and other home remedies.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info