• Total voters

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Well i think i'm officially bored with the GTP.

I can't decide if i want to just stick with the gtp or not.

I am really considering buying an 02-04 WRX. their cheap and peppy for the price. I would probably just end up doing exhaust, boost controller and possibly a front mount.

the other option is buy something cheap and reliable that gets good gas mileage. That way the money i save by not trying to make my DD quicker i can dump into the Buick and finally get it back on the road.

Help me decide!

Last edited:

SikBUSA

Addict
Nov 15, 2007
Kuwait
Well i think i'm officially bored with the GTP.

I can't decide if i want to just stick with the gtp or not.

I am really considering buying an 02-04 WRX. their cheap and peppy for the price. I would probably just end up doing exhaust, boost controller and possibly a front mount.

the other option is buy something cheap and reliable that gets good gas mileage. That way the money i save by not trying to make my DD quicker i can dump into the Buick and finally get it back on the road.

Help me decide!

2wheels and a motor
ther cheap

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Dump some mods into the GTP and get a renewed interest in the car. That always works for me when I'm bummed out for having a FWD V-6 :D

the downside to that is any mods now for my car are $1000+ and i cant swing that...

Engine: Intense S1X cam, 105lb springs, Ported/Polished S/C inlet & outlet, autolite 103's, 3.2" Intense MPS, Intense pcm, Pacesetter coated headers, poly motor mounts, custom FWI

Suspension/Brakes: gmpp handling kit, LS1 brakes, hawk hps pads, Sprint springs and struts.

PB: 13.4@106mph 2.1 60' on street tires

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Gotcha. Yeah, you're right about the mods. About this time of year I get bored with my car, too, cause I can't get on it, or put the summer tires on and tear around corners. Then the weather warms up and I'm back to loving the car.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
hell if i remember...that was over 2 years ago

the point is, his car should be easily capable of 12s

Im just comparing his setup to other people I know. Chad had a XP and a 3.0 on his 04 and couldnt do 12's, 1fast before turbo had the same setup but on a 00 and couldnt do 12's. Both non-IC'ed

I think thats a good time for his pulley size and 60'. With some traction and a drop of a pulley size (if no KR) im sure he can take off a few tenths, but 12's, I dont know.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
BMXs car can do 12s. IIRC he didnt have all that great 60 foots. Alot of people have done 12s with cam only and no IC.

Shit, Merc ran 12.1 with a 1X cam and no IC.

DaytonaPrixMI ran 12.8 with a VS cam and no IC.

I know what you mean though. At that point your next mods are either $300 mods that might gain you 5 HP or thousands for an IC or trans. Im on the opposite end though. I have the trans. IC is coming, but I dont want to cam it. Gen Ved already as well.

Last edited:

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
i think with slicks i would hit 12's but i dont want to risk a blown tranny. i baby it off the line. the 13.4 run i was running some race gas mixed with some 93 on a 3.2 pulley. I also lowered my shift points about 300rpms because i was maxing out my injectors big time (22-24 ipw's) and running lean.

I'll probably just stick with the car till fall and start seriously shopping for something new. in the mean time I've got some 42# injectors and an LS1 throttle body and MAF to throw on in the spring; then some tuning to be done. Maybe i can get the great Ron Vogel to tune it up....

Thread Info