Timing

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Well I've been screwing with my Cam timing for the past few days and its pretty readily apparent to me that once I figure that out all will be well *Because even 1* off and its wasting power.

my question is:

My head is milled, I don't know how much, and its quite important:

Anyone know how to check how much has been milled off with the head on the car *Or off the car for that matter*

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Welp loooks like you have to start over because everyone who deals with honda's does it half ass

You know what, Fuck you.

I'm so sick of your BULLSHIT ever time I post that I have a problem with my car. I've spent alot of time and energy learning how to to this correctly, and I'm sorry that you have to be such a prick on my hard work.

I DID it correctly, I had the head re-done, and had 2 damaged valves replaced that I wouldn't have noticed without having the headwork done, Half-assed would have been throwing the unknowingly damaged head I owned onto the car and calling it a day.

I instead spent the money on having it milled to a perfect service and having the valves done.

The fact that I forgot to ask how many THOUSANDS OF AN INCH WAS SHAVED while I was still learning about engine tuning and compression etc, was a VERY SMALL OVERSIGHT that I'm trying to educate myself on.

The car is a LEARNING EXPERIENCE, for the millionth time, I'm going to dump a teggy motor in the thing once it gets nice outside, but right now I'm educating myself, and you are being as useful as a box of Rocks, so unless you have something useful to say, Shut the fuck up, and stay the fuck out of my thread.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
pull the head, youll end up ccing the chambers and comparing against an OE head, youll also want to check head surface to VC surface distances
this should give you a good idea of the amount milled off.

your probably better off checking piston to valve clearance while your there

who the hell builds an engine and doesnt keep a book of specs?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
pull the head, youll end up ccing the chambers and comparing against an OE head, youll also want to check head surface to VC surface distances
this should give you a good idea of the amount milled off.

your probably better off checking piston to valve clearance while your there

who the hell builds an engine and doesnt keep a book of specs?

THANK YOU, thats what I needed to know.

I got the engine head for free, and basically learned that It would work on my block and begain working on it before I was fully educated.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
who the fuck cares. cry a fuckin river.

your not going to be able to tell a 1* increase in that piece of shit anyway.

Its not 1* I'm off by, I have an Adj. Cam gear, and for every thousandth shaved I have adjust the timing by 1.2*

That and since its a non-stock head I'm off by 4.5* to begin with due to the drop in deck-height.

And furthermore, You can very VERY distinctly tell 1* differences in the cars performance considering how high the compression is.

AND AGAIN IF IT ISN'T RELEVANT TO THIS THREAD STOP POSTING. Thank you.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
yes im so devastated i dont drive a fuckn gay cobalt or a honda civic that runs 17s. i might go cry.

So does your ass still hurt from taking it from your dad to pay for your car?

Seriously, I don't think you get the point, to like 95% of the board, Having the fastest car DOESN'T MATTER.

I have fun working on my car, and dollar for dollar I still get 30mpg+ out of BOTH of my cars, Who cares if you can get to the destination 30 seconds faster if you can't enjoy it like with a small nimble stickshift car, or a comfy cruiser *ala Colbalt/Regal.

By all means I'm not smashing mustangs, I've driven NetChemicas, and I LOVE the clean effortless acceleration, but he is just a light bolt-on car, and he enjoys it, and isn't having a 'big dick' contest about speed like you seem to have with EVERYONE WHO OWNS SOMETHING WITH WHEELS AND A MOTOR.

*Edit

Speaking of Speed, Thank you to which ever admin added my title again.
Crawlin, wanna sit heads with an 18 second civic, One catch, you have to make it to byron and back without refiling your gastank, Lol.

bluzohh6

The system works
Jul 2, 2007
Elgin, IL
So you dumb fucker. Thanks for calling me a prick. I wasn't referencing your bullshit work on your heap of shit, but rather the shop that performed the work for you. Like Turbo 400 said who does engine work and doesn't keep a record of it? Only shit shops that do half ass work. SO LICK MY BALLS! ! !

Last edited:

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
C'mon guys, can't we all get along?
053153.jpg

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
who the fuck cares. cry a fuckin river.

your not going to be able to tell a 1* increase in that piece of shit anyway.

wow yer a smart one.... i wonder why guys mess with 0.5* cam timing on the single cylinder Jr dragster engines...hmmm maybe you just dont know anything about cam/valve timing and its effects on VE on any otto cycle engine....

your more retarded than his cams have to be because of reduced c2c cam to crank distances...

i want a title too....

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
So you dumb fucker. Thanks for calling me a prick. I wasn't referencing your bullshit work on your heap of shit, but rather the shop that performed the work for you. Like Turbo 400 said who does engine work and doesn't keep a record of it? Only shit shops that do half ass work. SO LICK MY BALLS! ! !

I apologize, It came off as a personal attack, not as a statement of the quality of service at the machine shop... He did a really good job, but Honda's are clearly not his thing...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info