Still working on the Civic

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
All those shops are QUITE far away and do charge crazy money.

I guess I am doing this the hard way so I can learn how to tune my car, and I know what things will cause my motor to bite the dirt *I have up to 3 teeth, or 27 degree's of play in the camshaft before I punch a valve with my piston, and my FPR is set to a bit rich to be on the safe side, and my ignition is perfect at 16* BTDC, and since I have no idea how much my head was milled, I will have to keep playing untill I get it churning just right. *For every .012 milled, you have to advance your timing 1* I had 4.5* of error due to my deck height, so I just tossed on my Adj. gear at 6.5* Advanced to see what would happen, and its running bett-er, just not perfect, so I'm going back to 4.5* (The origional cam TDC) and gonna guess and check this sunday till she's running right.

B00ST

Jan 5, 2008
All those shops are QUITE far away and do charge crazy money.

I guess I am doing this the hard way so I can learn how to tune my car, and I know what things will cause my motor to bite the dirt *I have up to 3 teeth, or 27 degree's of play in the camshaft before I punch a valve with my piston, and my FPR is set to a bit rich to be on the safe side, and my ignition is perfect at 16* BTDC, and since I have no idea how much my head was milled, I will have to keep playing untill I get it churning just right. *For every .012 milled, you have to advance your timing 1* I had 4.5* of error due to my deck height, so I just tossed on my Adj. gear at 6.5* Advanced to see what would happen, and its running bett-er, just not perfect, so I'm going back to 4.5* (The origional cam TDC) and gonna guess and check this sunday till she's running right.

you realize hondas only have about 2 teeth to play with before detonation, you need to pay someone to tune your shtibox, the hardway is going to be you blowing up your motor. ia ssume your still messing around with sohc garbage so if i were you id let someone who knows what there doing tune it, your not going to "fix it" by just changing your cam timing and listening for a change

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
you realize hondas only have about 2 teeth to play with before detonation, you need to pay someone to tune your shtibox, the hardway is going to be you blowing up your motor. ia ssume your still messing around with sohc garbage so if i were you id let someone who knows what there doing tune it, your not going to "fix it" by just changing your cam timing and listening for a change

2 teeth is 20 degrees, I'm on the right teeth, I'm adjusting within 5*, not 20, I'm not stupid, nor am I 'listening for a change' I'm adjusting it half a degree retard at a time and then driving it a short distance to see if the stuttering has gone away, and it retains power, which it has been set at 4.75* advance due to the 'half tooth error' between the D16 and D15 Blocks. Then due to the Mil I've retarded it 2.5 degrees about and it feels the best.

B00ST

Jan 5, 2008
heres an idea, get a wideband or even betetr a hondata s300 and it will almost tell you whats wrong with your car, insetad of the barbaric method your using, but then again that would require you to spend money and apperantly you dont have any or you wouldnt be wasting your time with the motor you are

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
heres an idea, get a wideband or even betetr a hondata s300 and it will almost tell you whats wrong with your car, insetad of the barbaric method your using, but then again that would require you to spend money and apperantly you dont have any or you wouldnt be wasting your time with the motor you are

Again, I plan on buying a Wideband, and yes, I don't have enough money to buy one right now. I'm a little too busy paying for my house and my ford, and my bills, which are more important than getting 1 second 60 foots and trapping a million miles an hour.

B00ST

Jan 5, 2008
Again, I plan on buying a Wideband, and yes, I don't have enough money to buy one right now. I'm a little too busy paying for my house and my ford, and my bills, which are more important than getting 1 second 60 foots and trapping a million miles an hour.

Everytime you post you show your ignorance, if you would like go to cv and look at my members rides thread, 05 bmw, a 06 mustang, a nice big house all paid for so what are you trying to say?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Everytime you post you show your ignorance, if you would like go to cv and look at my members rides thread, 05 bmw, a 06 mustang, a nice big house all paid for so what are you trying to say?

I found a picture of you!

319901_1.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
thousands?
im sorry that your taco bell pacheck doesnt allow you to have nice things?

Roflmao, you are hilarious. I'm not gonna get into a big dick contest about money, not even worth my time.

I don't like pouring money into a car worth $500, Thats why I've spent maybe $300 on the entire mini-me swap, and thats why I plan on stopping there.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
yea unlike yourself i dont have to validate everything i do to my cars or in life by creating a thread about it. ALot of people dont like you because you act 16 when shit doesnt go your way.

You are hilarious, half the people on these boards are my friends.

and you don't know me, and I know you are just an E-thug poser

You done yet?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
yea unlike yourself i dont have to validate everything i do to my cars or in life by creating a thread about it. ALot of people dont like you because you act 16 when shit doesnt go your way.

http://www.chicagovelocity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35557

LOL, you almost have as many posts here as you do there,

So because you posted 35 times on that OTHER forum, I'm supposed to believe you own a 6 cyl mustang and a slow BMW?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
what the hell is with this guy?? take a chill pill...damn!

Have you checked out King motorsports? their up in WI and i know they do dyno tuning. i'm not 100% sure on how much pulls are but i know its cheaper than anything in the chicagoland area.

I'll have to look into it, The car is driving much better now, I plan on picking up a wide-band next month, I don't wanna drive it anymore till it gets nicer outside, 175/70/13's are not good in the snow, Lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info