Think I have enough gadgets??

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Im gonna need another person to monitor the powertuner if I want to keep a real close eye on it.

car.jpg

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I don't need a GPS cause I have a sense of direction (and when I travel out of state, I have it on my phone).
I don't need gauges cause my car is fast and reliable (it's not modded enough to need gauges).
I don't need a radar cause I don't drive like an idiot.

I have a very good sense of direction. I also have googlemaps on my phone, but why look at my phone and drive when the nifty little device will find it and tell me how to get there?

I dont have gauges either. Its a scanner. Also tells if your throwing a code. Your car is not fast. It is quick. As mine is. I like to monitor just in case something goes wrong. Something anyone smart should do if they care about their car and changes parts on it. I wouldnt expect someone like you to understand.

Radars can also let you know if a EMS vehicle is approaching. Cops also like to fly up without lights on and you can cut one off or get in their way. They are alot more useful then just hoping not to get caught because you are driving like an idiot.

Learn to use the enter key as to make your useless posts more readable.

and i also have my helio in my door

You have a Helio? Im sorry. :rofl: I was gonna switch to them. Then I read up.

NetChemica

Let me see your crack!
May 23, 2007
I have a very good sense of direction. I also have googlemaps on my phone, but why look at my phone and drive when the nifty little device will find it and tell me how to get there?
If you had a good sense of direction, you wouldn't need a GPS to get somewhere. It's nice on long trips so that you know how much further to go or what to expect (traffic and crap), but as far as using it during your daily commute, it is useless.
I dont have gauges either. Its a scanner. Also tells if your throwing a code. Your car is not fast. It is quick. As mine is. I like to monitor just in case something goes wrong. Something anyone smart should do if they care about their car and changes parts on it. I wouldnt expect someone like you to understand.
I don't expect my car to break, no need to monitor anything. 60k miles on it and never had a problem that wasn't caused by a shade tree mechanic.
Radars can also let you know if a EMS vehicle is approaching. Cops also like to fly up without lights on and you can cut one off or get in their way. They are alot more useful then just hoping not to get caught because you are driving like an idiot.

I pay attention to my surroundings when driving. I guess you need that radar to monitor for emergency vehicles since you're paying more attention to your gauges and GPS than the road. Saying you have a radar detector to warn you about ems vehicles is stupid.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
If you had a good sense of direction, you wouldn't need a GPS to get somewhere. It's nice on long trips so that you know how much further to go or what to expect (traffic and crap), but as far as using it during your daily commute, it is useless.

For the most part if you know where you are going its useless. Its just another tool to help if need be. I like the fact that if I go in an area that Im not too familiar with (which I do quite often) I can find my way around. Need a gas station? No problem. Its on the screen and dont have to drive around. ATM? No biggie.

As far as saying if I DID, when you work somewhere for 7 years that is labeled with N/S/E/W entrances, you get a very very good sense of direction. So there goes your little theory out the window.

I don't expect my car to break, no need to monitor anything. 60k miles on it and never had a problem that wasn't caused by a shade tree mechanic.

LOL, WTF is that supposed to mean? No one expects their cars to break. Guess what?? They do. Fact of life. Sorry if you dont want to accept it. As far as modded cars go, failure rate does nothing but go up. Its kinda hard to blotch up bolt ons. :rofl: Yet still, I like to be safe then sorry.

I pay attention to my surroundings when driving. I guess you need that radar to monitor for emergency vehicles since you're paying more attention to your gauges and GPS than the road. Saying you have a radar detector to warn you about ems vehicles is stupid.

Everyone should be aware of surroundings. However once again, its a nice tool to have.

I guess people that are ignorant, or just cant afford nice things try to talk themselves into thinking said product is stupid and a waste of time. I myself had the same idea for the iPhone. I thought it was dumb. Why? Cause I couldnt afford one. Then I was able to so I got one since I realized the thing really is badass.

FWIW, iPhone and GPS is really handy when driving around trying to find rims and tires in a really tight pinch. Over a dozen tire places at my fingertips and on the phone within minutes. Damn technology. :rofl:

Last edited:

LeddZepp8687

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Warrenville, IL
Too bad that guy with the black sho isn't on here. Steve is it? Fucker has like 12 gauges in his car. He's more of a pilot than a driver.

Steve is on here. But he never posts.

And yea, his car is gauge'd out to the max. But thats cause the previous owner did it all.

See pictures here:

1003954tg4.jpg

1004073lr7.jpg

You cant tell, but he has 4 A-Pillars and the obvious 3 down low.

He also has a volume control on his steering wheel. Hah

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info