HIDs installed: 4300K

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
HIDs installed: 4300K (now with black headlights)

I ordered 4300K HIDs from the Wbody Store, as well as black headlights off of e-bay -- the headlight housings are still in transit and the expected shipment date is Friday :(

I don't have any family crap going on until later today, so I slapped in the HIDs this morning. Install was painless and took less than an hour, most of which was spent looking for a place to mount the ballasts.

I disabled the headlight flash through the keyless programming.

I'm looking forward to when it gets dark out tonight and will get night shots soon enough.

HIDs003.jpg

HIDs006.jpg

HIDs004.jpg

HIDs005.jpg

HIDs007.jpg

HIDs010.jpg

HIDs011.jpg

Last edited:

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Eric, those are the stock GTP rims facing backwards with my D/Rs on them.

Silent, the Prix headlights are straight-up dangerous because the light output is so horrible, especially on blacktops when the light gets absorbs, and also when it's wet outside, pretty much everywhere.

Over on the GP forums, there was talk of an aftermarket company manufacturing projectors for our cars. And if they were reasonably priced with HID I would have waited to scoop them up, but initial numbers were not reasonable and they weren't going to be HID, just halogen projector, hence my HID in stock capsules. I just couldn't wait anymore.

Last edited:

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
HIDs012resize.jpg

lots of glare... thats not good lol.... what about a retrofit? get some projectors from an infiniti or something? i just picked up 2 projectors from an infiniti for 75 bucks of some guy. going o put them in my stock housing so i can have real projectors and not ebay ones :D

that would be the best, ull be blinding everyone

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
HIDs012resize.jpg

lots of glare... thats not good lol.... what about a retrofit? get some projectors from an infiniti or something? i just picked up 2 projectors from an infiniti for 75 bucks of some guy. going o put them in my stock housing so i can have real projectors and not ebay ones :D

that would be the best, ull be blinding everyone

Yep. Once I get the black headlight housings, I'm gonna pick up a pair of projectors and try to fab up something with the old capsules.

I've driven lots of cars with factory HIDs and projectors, and these do not compare at all with a factory setup. But I didn't expect them to, and they do the job for now.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Those look awesome. I think I might go with those when I buy HID's and black housings.

And ah...those other wheels you have...are those the polished 5 spokes??? Do they have the polished centercaps?

The are polished fivers with silver "ABS" center caps. They're not polished. And there's only three rims. Two have D/Rs on them, the other is just a rim, no tire.

W

wanablaze

Yeah. Me too. It's still a very blueish light. But it's identical to the color of factory HIDs, or at least the ones I've driven.

Yes, 4300k should match most factory kits. However, once some time is put on them, they won't look as blue anymore. Not sure why this is. I have a 5k kit in my car, and when i first got them they were quite blue. Now they're more of a bright white (no yellow) once warmed up.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Here they are: Wooo Hooo! I'm gonna try and get them on tomorrow. The brackets are kind of cheap, but what do you expect for $130. I'm not a fan of clear corners at all, so I got the orange reflectors, and it was cheaper.

1228071716.jpg

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info