Price is Right gives out bum GTO

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Back in 2004, a contestant won a "brand-new" GTO on The Price is Right. She took it in for service a year after taking delivery of the car, and the dealership said that it had serious frame damage.

I'm guessing that someone "borrowed" the car and wrecked it, not telling the owner -- the lady who is now suing CBS.

Anyways, here's the full story from AP

The price was right but the car was wrong, according to a lawsuit filed this week in Los Angeles Superior Court. In June 2004, a contestant on "The Price is Right" guessed that a sports car was worth $33,495 and left the stage thinking she had just won a new 2004 Pontiac GTO Coupe.

Donna Tillman on Thursday filed suit against the game show, CBS Broadcasting, the auto dealership that provided the vehicle and the transportation company that delivered it. Tillman alleges the GTO Coupe she received was not new, as she had been promised, and had been in an accident.

Tillman competed on the popular game show on June 28, 2004. Thorson GMC Pontiac and Precise Auto Transport delivered the car to her home in Washington state on September 13, 2004, according to the lawsuit.

When Tillman took the car in for service the next year, she was told that it had suffered structural damage to the frame and front end, "but the repair work was such that an obvious effort had been made to conceal or hide the damage," the suit alleges.

Tillman is suing for breach of contract and negligence, and is seeking damages of more than $25,000, plus attorneys fees.

Tom George, the owner of Thorson GMC Pontiac in Pasadena, Calif., said that according to his dealership's records, the car was not in any accident and was sent to Tillman brand new.

"I don't know what this lady is talking about," George said Friday. "I certainly wouldn't sell a car with prior damage."

A spokeswoman for CBS and a spokesman for Fremantle Media, the production company that produces and represents "The Price is Right," both declined to comment on the lawsuit.

Calls to the vehicle delivery service were not immediately returned.

Copyright © 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
silvergtjrad said:
syP said:
suing... for a free car..

ok

I would be pissed if I didnt know that the car had a bent frame too. Thats unsafe, and she could have been seriously injured as a result. BTW there is no such thing as a free car. No doubt she payed $$ in taxes to uncle sam.

Exactly. She probably paid 6K for the car. Still, a 6K GTO, but if the frame was tweaked then WTF.

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
I'm always skeptical when things like this come out. You can never tell who is lying, or even if they were totally not aware. I think Bob Barker was too busy having sex with his beauties and not looking over the GTO with floor mats and standard option package, group 2.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info