Blower motor took a crap

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
The blower motor stopped working a few days ago. It would first crap out, then I would hit the dashboard and it would work for a minute. All the speeds worked, but then it would just shut off randomly. So tonight I took the blower motor out and it was covered in rust, the motor contacts and everything. A lot of water got into the compartment and doused the goodies. Here's the damage:

1212072128a.jpg

1212072128.jpg

1212072129.jpg

Hopefully that's the problem. I can hear the dividers and stuff moving when I switch from defrost to other modes, but nothing happens when I change the speed.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I also put in a cabin air filter to try and prevent any water from seeping into the motor again. Now I just have to battle the trunk chime that doesn't want to stop randomly dinging. I unplugged the switch and it still chimes, so there's most likely a problem with the wiring, a crappy ground or maybe a geeked body control module. The headlights randomly flash, also, and the horn used to never honk when I locked the car on the first press of the button, now it does ... go figure. For a later date, though. Hopefully they're all related ... yeah, right.

i just realized my car had one of those about a year ago, i took it out and the thing was completely BLACK. i dont think it'd ever been changed by the previous owner :rofl:

speaking of, i should probably check it again sometime soon. haha

I found out my Civic has one of those too a few months back. Decided to check it and see if the dealer really checks shizz out before they sell a car. NOPE it was literally packed full of random junk. So I promptly replaced it.

Nasty93

Nasty93
Oct 17, 2007
The Unit
I also put in a cabin air filter to try and prevent any water from seeping into the motor again. Now I just have to battle the trunk chime that doesn't want to stop randomly dinging. I unplugged the switch and it still chimes, so there's most likely a problem with the wiring, a crappy ground or maybe a geeked body control module. The headlights randomly flash, also, and the horn used to never honk when I locked the car on the first press of the button, now it does ... go figure. For a later date, though. Hopefully they're all related ... yeah, right.

re-seal the cowl.
known issue with W-bodys. i see alot of them come in with crapped out blower motors and wet floors :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info