No FUCKING way am I getting an SHO taurus again

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Cliffs notes:

GF's mom gave GF a lemon car *We live together*, We gave it back to her mom, My Spare car isn't running right, So I am picking up an SHO Taurus *my third time owning one* on Sunday so I have yet another spare car for her to drive.

The Story:

OK, Here we go!

Back in July of 05 I bought a white 93 Ford Taurus SHO *A number of you remeber the car* and Drove it untill I was kicked out of my house by my mother July of 06 *At which point Thinkingstrings took over ownership of the car* After he moved out of my parents house They sold the car back to me for a less than they paid me for it in 06 *They did infact buy the car off me when I got kicked out* and I kept it for a few months. After a few months, typical SHO things started going wrong, Tranny wasn't happy again, Radiator was leaking, Shit just started breaking *But I had put nearly a grand into rebuilding the top half of the engine, so it always ran strong as hell* and I turned around and sold the car yet again. Earlier this year a guy on Chitown asked me about my white car as he was buying it off the guy I had sold it to, I told him its history, and he bought it for a parts car *He had a blue one he had picked up with a blown motor for cheap as he is a tow-truck driver, but the transmission had just been rebuilt and it had a bunch of work done to it* He pulled the motor out of my beloved white SHO taurus, and put into the blue one, along with the white cars rims and tires, a number of interior pieces, and mechanical and external bits just sprucing up the car. Fast forward to last week, his GF lost control of the car, and Ate the underside of a Lifted Bronco, Shattered both headlights, Destroyed the hood, and bent the radiator and core support. the heart of my white car still beats strong, and the damage is all cosmetic, He posted it for sale and I made an offer on it and he accepted. He can't work on the car as he has an apartment, and no longer has my white car for parts.

So I'm picking up a midnight pearl blue 1995 Taurus SHO with my white cars motor, exhaust system, tires, rims and a number of other parts all now in/on it.

Car has a number of modifications done to it *That will be listed after it hits the 1/4th come spring* including that it has been lowered on Eibach pros.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Here's the Origonal:

FrontHoodup.jpg

DriversSideFront.jpg

DrivesSideBack.jpg

Here's the new one *From when he bought the car, had a blown motor and had been sitting for a while hence the flat* My white Rims and newer tires are on the car currently.

DSCF0013.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Queers and Steers, Here she is!:

PIC-0287.jpg

PIC-0288.jpg

*my driveway Honda is covered, my focus, and now her:
PIC-0289.jpg

A little ugly, but with a matching hood and new header panel with lights she will look good as new *and alota touch-up paint, she has some flaking going on*

Cleaned up the damage, replaced hood and put on a spare headlamp, and pulled all the mods to ensure a smooth reliable drive home. Trans shifts LIGHTING fast under WOT, on the freeway the motor is just puuuuuring at 2.4K at 70mph, and she sounds Magnificent!

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Cutie_M69 said:
silentd said:
glad u guys got it home :D

yeah, we didnt have to drive slow or anything. it was nice and smooth. but we didnt leave Lyons until 1 am. it took forever to get the car to look as good as it does.

The accident didn't LOOK bad when we first got to the car, but when we got there the car had nearly no power in reverse and was having issues starting, kinda made us nervous, got it to the shop and my native "SHOInstincts" kicked in and I pulled the LPM, tossed the stock airbox and MAF on the car, cleaned the battery terminals and the snow off it and it fired up and ran like a dream, and didn't give me a lick of trouble after the first maybe 5 min of driving it to get the battery charged back up again.

getting the radiator off and on was a breeze........ except the trans cooling line which was on the bottom pass side of the car and was a PITA to take off put on... (Spent easily an hour on just taking that off and putting it on, not including the REST of the install/removal)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info