Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
looking for a solid all season tire w/ good all around performance. i dont need something super sticky or whatever....the tires i have on now (eagle f1 knocks off) are loud as hell and suck for this weather....i was looking at some yokohamas and bridgestones but i dont know whats "in" these days....thoughts?

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
hmm....i WAS gonna reccomend a falken ziex 512 all season cuz i THOUGHT they were pretty decent tires until i read this review

Bought for my Evo as a all season tire. Handled horribly & wore out rather quickly. These tires were horrible in the slightest accumulation of snow (less than 1" I am talking) turning my evo into a sled. On dry roads the tires had no grip & felt like an insult to put on an Evo to be honest. They were not very good in wet situations either. If you want a cheap set of tires for your evo to just destroy or use in a "non spirited" daily driving situation then go for it. If you want ANY kind of handling performance stay far far away. After the most recent spirited driving, one of the tires developed sidewall bubbles. UGH Im either going back to the Yoko Advans or I may give the Falken RT 615's a shot.

back to the drawering board

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
I had these on my first t/a I liked them. There a gripped pretty well for me. your size is $104 ea. PLease read the reviews for your EVO. I liked these tires and they never did me wrong they had great grip all season. i got stuck in an unexpect snow store one day ater thanksfgiving in the t/a they were the reason I got home. I was actually impressed
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Avon&tireModel=Tech+M550+A/S

01Cobra

I thought all season tires were great till I went from the Taurus to the Mustang. Now I realize how nice it is to have a dedicated summer tire/rims setup and a Nov-March winter tire/rim setup. This way Ive got maximum performance for the right time of the year and none of the trade offs of an all season.

Im sure you could pick yourself up a set of evo rims cheap and put some winter tires on there.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
Angus1211 said:
I'm not too sure about super performance tires but I ran my kumho ASX's in the snow. they are an all -season performance tire and do well dry and in snow.
Oh and they're pretty cheap-ish too. for the evo, 96$ each. (I think I got the right size)

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compa...ting=Y&speed_rating=(Y)&RunFlat=All&x=43&y=13
those tires are great in dry, shit in snow.

my brother's got those new goodyear responsedge carbon fiber's , they're like $170/tire for him.

this is the idea.. don't skimp out on tires, because what you pay for is what you get.. splurge a little.

see if the goodyear potenza g 009 works for you. i've driven an SSEi on those tires.. not a lightweight car, and it handled like a nimble little car like a porsche or a lotus.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
see if the goodyear potenza g 009 works for you. i've driven an SSEi on those tires.. not a lightweight car, and it handled like a nimble little car like a porsche or a lotus.

Potenzas are made by Bridgestone not Goodyear, everyone I know that had Potenzas on there car complains how bad of a tire they are. Im not sure of the model.

Putting nice tires on a Bonneville will not make it handle like a Lotus or Porsche :nuts:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info