NEVER expected to see one of these out in the boondocks

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I've been kicking around the idea of getting a Speed3 or a SI Civic for the past few months come next spring/summer, and asked my local honda dealer to give me a call when the next Stick shift civic comes in *Because I've heard iffy things about the new Manual gear boxes in any of the new civics* and Got a phonecall just a few min ago telling me they just got one of these in:

civic_mugen_si.jpg

Time for a test-drive.

Cutie_M69

Ooo, Peice of Candy!
Dec 1, 2007
Marseilles, IL
Dasfinc said:
I've been kicking around the idea of getting a Speed3 or a SI Civic for the past few months come next spring/summer, and asked my local honda dealer to give me a call when the next Stick shift civic comes in *Because I've heard iffy things about the new Manual gear boxes in any of the new civics* and Got a phonecall just a few min ago telling me they just got one of these in:

civic_mugen_si.jpg

Time for a test-drive.

do i get to come along for this test drive???? or do i get left at home? :angel:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Lol, I have a bad feeling speed3's may loose their value fairly quickly, that and since it is a full on turbo charged car I suspect my insurance would be ALOT less with a civic.

And Kim, I dunno if I want to test drive that thing today, Summer tires only from the factory, and its sticker price is $29,000 I want to take a look at the interior and everything though. Id like to testdrive a NORMAL SI when its not terribly icy, this is one of only 1000 made here for the US.

Cutie_M69

Ooo, Peice of Candy!
Dec 1, 2007
Marseilles, IL
Dasfinc said:
CrazyMook said:
sticker of 29??? isnt the speed3 in the low 20s?

This is a Mugen SI, They only made 1000 of these things, Mugen suspension, sports exhaust, adjustable spoiler, 18" Rims etc etc etc.

NORMAL SI's sticker for about 20, so do the 3's

trade the ford in for the civic i think its cute and i know how to drive stick too... oh and just have the dealer switch the tires you have on the focus for the ones on the civic.

if you get the honda we can be a cute honda family......jk
but i would really consider getting a del sol instead of the sho then

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
CrazyMook said:
id make sure its a real mugen cause i could have sworn that all mugen si's were already sold to reserved buyers or however u word it

She called me and couldn't even pronounce it correctly "Moo Gem" is how she pronounced it, and I said "Wait, you just got a Mugen SI in?" And she said "Yes, We are only getting this one, and we were told that many dealerships weren't getting any"

I checked online and it said only 1000 were being made, I found that odd especially considering one showed up out here in the middle of nowhere.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
CrazyMook said:
with that said however, i dont hate this civic

I think the Mugen, and the normal 4 door SI are both VERY good looking cars, and I'd like to get one next year, HOWEVER I'm seeing more and more horror stories about people bombing the gearboxes in these things cause you miss-shift and you are at 8 Grand things don't make happy sounds, or even just being too aggressive breaks them *People with 6-10K miles already getting grinding under NORMAL driving conditions* they come off as being VERY fragile.

Cutie_M69

Ooo, Peice of Candy!
Dec 1, 2007
Marseilles, IL
Dasfinc said:
CrazyMook said:
id make sure its a real mugen cause i could have sworn that all mugen si's were already sold to reserved buyers or however u word it

She called me and couldn't even pronounce it correctly "Moo Gem" is how she pronounced it, and I said "Wait, you just got a Mugen SI in?" And she said "Yes, We are only getting this one, and we were told that many dealerships weren't getting any"

I checked online and it said only 1000 were being made, I found that odd especially considering one showed up out here in the middle of nowhere.

jump at it and :bj:

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
$30k for a Civic :nuts: It has a tuned suspension, light rims and all the body goodies you see -- no extra power. But still ... $30k for a Civic! :nuts:

I prefer the Si coupe with the optional front and rear fascia as well as side skirts.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
BruGTP said:
$30k for a Civic :nuts: It has a tuned suspension, light rims and all the body goodies you see -- no extra power. But still ... $30k for a Civic! :nuts:

I prefer the Si coupe with the optional front and rear fascia as well as side skirts.

Its got exhaust and a chip and crap like that too, its a little bit faster.

but regardless, I'm dumbfounded why they sent one to Ottawa Fucking IL.

I mainly want to go to see what the driving position feels like, the shift feel, how roomy it is, etc etc, I plan on telling the dealer flat-out "This is not for me, its out of my pricerange, but want to get a feel for an SI.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Dasfinc said:
BruGTP said:

I mainly want to go to see what the driving position feels like, the shift feel, how roomy it is, etc etc, I plan on telling the dealer flat-out "This is not for me, its out of my pricerange, but want to get a feel for an SI.

I wrote an article about this car, there's no extra power. The engine is the same out of the Si: 197 horsepower and 139 pound-feet of torque. There is an exhaust system, but it's only for sound.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
BruGTP said:
Dasfinc said:
BruGTP said:

I wrote an article about this car, there's no extra power. The engine is the same out of the Si: 197 horsepower and 139 pound-feet of torque. There is an exhaust system, but it's only for sound.

Wow, Bad assumption on my behalf.

I still like the way it looks.... Is it worth $9,000 more?

No,
but I like the way it looks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info