Hyundai Genesis Coupe Concept.

If this is the replacement for the Tiburon, would you think about buying it?

• Hell Yeah, no second thoughts!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way, its Korean!!

• Maybe

• Is this a joke, it will take away from Mustang V6 sales!!!

• Total voters

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
http://www.caranddriver.com/autoshows/14339/hyundai-genesis-coupe-concept.html

I just got my new Car and Driver today, was reading about this new Hyundia. Now i've been a fan of the Tiburon, but always hoped they'd give it more power. This is pretty much what the replacement is going to be in looks and powertrain layout. I love the thing and would probably give it a good chance in my buying options if it actually came out like this. This would put Ford on their toes because it will hit the Mustang right in its Price point for a GT. I'd like to know what you guys think of the concept (looks, powertrain, or anything on the article) and also about Hyundai them selves. Respect what they are doing as a company, going from joke to contender in less than 20 year. Plus, i'm still new, but no hating on them being from South Korea. Unless its a funny joke, i can handle that.

Thanks,
Nick

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I really like the Orange concept that debuted at L.A. This won't be the production version, sadly. It was an exercise in what Hyundai believed tuners would do to the car. Also, this isn't going to be the Tiburon's replacement, it's too big. Hyundai has said the Tiburon will co-exist with this car.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
hmmmm

RWD?
200+ turbo horsepower?
2-doors?

hell yea its sexy! :boink:

every other car company seems to be to scared to do a fast rwd setup but along comes hyundai of all car companies to do it. i would think it would be a competitor for gm with the sky and solstice also.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
No prob :h5:

Yeah, the Tib's V-6 sounds really good. Too bad it's an underachiever, though, when it comes to performance -- well, from the factory. But if the Genesis Coupe is there, then that's Hyundai's performance image. The Tib can stay as is ... a coupe with enough sportiness for most people.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
bluzohh6 said:
Not to mention if you look through this forum a little more closely, you would find that this car has already been discussed, and they're also not making this a 300 hp rwd vehicle. and ilikebmx999 blow me

It WILL have a 300-hp V-6 and rear-wheel drive, or at least that's what Hyundai's preliminary specs say. Anything can change, though, come time for it to stroll down the production line.

Thread Info