Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I vote LSX. Proven 300whp from the factory and unbelievably responsive to mods. I still can't get over that my friend at the TCG track day was running 12.04 @ 118 with his 2002 WS6: 150 shot, lid, drag radials and custom tune.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I don't have a vote, Lol

I think the 4.6 modular V-8 is an AMAZING engine, I just towed a 2 axel Uhaul trailer with a F150 that had 270K on the clock with a 4.6 recently and it pulled like a Champ and ran amazingly

I think the LSX Realy has lost alot of its reliablity and build quality marks since the LT1 had finished its run, As I already mentioned, I've seen LT1 Caprice's run 13's with minor bolt-ons and PosiTrack, while there are no sedans to compare this 2, the LS1 Vetts and Camaros run about the same time from the factory, but they aren't 2 and a half ton sedans

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Dasfinc said:
I don't have a vote, Lol

I think the 4.6 modular V-8 is an AMAZING engine, I just towed a 2 axel Uhaul trailer with a F150 that had 270K on the clock with a 4.6 recently and it pulled like a Champ and ran amazingly

I think the LSX Realy has lost alot of its reliablity and build quality marks since the LT1 had finished its run, As I already mentioned, I've seen LT1 Caprice's run 13's with minor bolt-ons and PosiTrack, while there are no sedans to compare this 2, the LS1 Vetts and Camaros run about the same time from the factory, but they aren't 2 and a half ton sedans

LS1 Corvette and LS1 Camaro run the same times :nuts:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
BallsDeepPerformance said:
Dasfinc said:
I'm just trying to get it out of the C+D Thread :(

i apologize i was unaware that keeping conversation in threads was limited to exact topic. No longer ill informed i will keep all posts on track. please don't hold it against me.

i dont think we've ever had a thread stay on topic...thats why this is a message board :rofl:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Dasfinc said:
I said '13's' I see 13.3 for a LS1 Vette, and 13.6 for a Camaro SS on a few of those "Stock quarter mile" time websites.

ive seen a stock formula go 12.9.
fastest lt1 ive ever seen is 13.9 stock.

Dasfinc said:
I've seen LT1 Caprice's run 13's with minor bolt-ons and PosiTrack

"with minor bolt ons...."

and a 1 second diffrence is very small considering how long the basic design of the LT1 has been around for.

Nasty93

Nasty93
Oct 17, 2007
The Unit
Dasfinc said:
Dasfinc said:
I said '13's' I see 13.3 for a LS1 Vette, and 13.6 for a Camaro SS on a few of those "Stock quarter mile" time websites.

Dasfinc said:

and a 1 second diffrence is very small considering how long the basic design of the LT1 has been around for.

very small? 1 second is HUGE.
thats typically on a slower car. 100hp..
100hp is ALOT. granted we know theres not a 100hp difference, but rule of thumb is 10hp is one tenth.

The LT1 design differs quite a bit from your gen1 small block so the argument of it having been around forever is really an invalid one.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Dasfinc said:
Dasfinc said:

Dasfinc said:

very small? 1 second is HUGE.
thats typically on a slower car. 100hp..
100hp is ALOT. granted we know theres not a 100hp difference, but rule of thumb is 10hp is one tenth.

The LT1 design differs quite a bit from your gen1 small block so the argument of it having been around forever is really an invalid one.

Really I was just comparing reliability, the Design of the LS1 compared to the LT1 is Drastically diffrent to my understanding...

and keep in mind, these are really factory freaks he is reffering to with the 12.9 and 13.9

Here's an LT1 Vette
1992 Chevrolet Corvette LT1 5.7 14.1
Here's an LS1 Vette
1997 Chevrolet Corvette 13.3

so .8, and the chassis have been changed, suspension has been changed, its not all about raw power.

Nasty93

Nasty93
Oct 17, 2007
The Unit
Really I was just comparing reliability, the Design of the LS1 compared to the LT1 is Drastically diffrent to my understanding...

and keep in mind, these are really factory freaks he is reffering to with the 12.9 and 13.9

Here's an LT1 Vette
1992 Chevrolet Corvette LT1 5.7 14.1
Here's an LS1 Vette
1997 Chevrolet Corvette 13.3

so .8, and the chassis have been changed, suspension has been changed, its not all about raw power.

im not sure what this information is trying to argue.
your showing the fact that the LSx car is faster. 8 tenths to be exact.
Yet the suspension really hasnt changed much its still a transverse leaf setup, pretty similar with small changes.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Dasfinc said:
I guess I'm just going back to the basic point that a good engine isn't all about power, and that the LT1 wasn't THAT much weaker than the LS1 yet maintained fantastic reliability and were produced in huge numbers

fantastic reliability?
Optispark?

LS1 Common issues?
Pushrods mabey if you drive like a jackhole.

Yes, Fantastic reliability, they don't use just any old car with any old engine for use with Police cars...

Also, when engines are produced in HUGE quantities, there are usually more quality issues, and over all the LT1 has proven to be a fantastic work-horse.

and many many people with LS1 cars drive like Jackholes, considering they only come in Camaros/Firebirds and Vettes....

Nasty93

Nasty93
Oct 17, 2007
The Unit
Dasfinc said:
Dasfinc said:
I guess I'm just going back to the basic point that a good engine isn't all about power, and that the LT1 wasn't THAT much weaker than the LS1 yet maintained fantastic reliability and were produced in huge numbers

fantastic reliability?
Optispark?

LS1 Common issues?

Yes, Fantastic reliability, they don't use just any old car with any old engine for use with Police cars...

Also, when engines are produced in HUGE quantities, there are usually more quality issues, and over all the LT1 has proven to be a fantastic work-horse.

and many many people with LS1 cars drive like Jackholes, considering they only come in Camaros/Firebirds and Vettes....

Apparently you have no experince with the Optispark.
Or water pump weep holes pissing alover the opti taking it out
or any water getting under the hood killing the opti
Or lower intake manifold gaskets leaking oil at the rear of the manifold.
or blowing ring lands off the piston when driving "like a jackhole"

Your compairison of LS1s (being F and Y body only)
always reverts back to the use of it in other applications as a work horse.
Understand its put under difference stress levels.

Put the LS1 in the same conditions it would perform the same.
Your only exeperince with LSx motors is that of Fbody and Ybody guys. Those who beat the fuck out of there cars. I dont care what you own. You beat the fuck out of it day in and day out. It Breaks. Could be anything.

Look at the 2 engine on similar playing fields its the only way to judge the 2 fairly.

Also look at economy while producing power. Proves refinement along with being efficient

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Dasfinc said:
Dasfinc said:

fantastic reliability?
Optispark?

LS1 Common issues?

I dont think they choose the LT1/Caprice for cop cars because of reliability... What other full size car american RWD V8's were out in the mid 90's besides the Caprice/Crown Vic?

Nasty93

Nasty93
Oct 17, 2007
The Unit
bluzohh6 said:
for once I actually agree with Net-Chemica? to a certain extent.....You can't take a fair poll with a partial crowd

goes without saying, but typically the crowd partial to side "a" is someone who knows alot about it. Much more then the general public. And they tend to correct the false or incorrect information people are saying about side "a"s argument.

I deffend the GM side because i work for them. And thus know a bit about the 2 engines. While i dont know as much about the 4.6. Obviously knowing what i do about the lsx motors im going to defend those points.

Anytime you make a post a vs b. People are always bias. you cant get around it. So dont make a post and not expect it to come to this.

Thread Info