Public Service Announcement

NetChemica

Let me see your crack!
May 23, 2007
The Ford modular V8 started being commonly used in 1996. That year it won a spot on the 10 best engines list. It is featured in a 4.6 and 5.4 configuration.

In 1997 it took two spots.
It was again featured in 1998.
It won again in 2000.
Won again in 2001.
... and 2002.

The 3v won too.
The 3valve won in 2005... and 2006, and 2007 (all three years that it's been out).

Since 1996 the LS1 was on there... only once. Good news for you 3800 owners. It was featured a whopping !!3!! times since 1995 (I went back a year so that you guys get an extra listing).

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Usually the list is set up to rate the top 10 most reliable for the year. Something the modular motor is. Thats why you see 200K mile crown vics for sale. Cops and taxi companies eat them alive and they keep ticking. Very reliable motors Ill give them that.

My friend bought a police crown vic at an auction one time. We had fun it it. Slow as balls and lost to stock GTPs by halfoblock, but fun none the less.

Here, I found the Wards list for you. THe Modular was rated on there quite a few years. However, at the bottom, its not there for the century. While the 3800 is. The Ford flathead is however, along with the SBC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ward's_10_Best_Engines

NetChemica

Let me see your crack!
May 23, 2007
Fish said:
Usually the list is set up to rate the top 10 most reliable for the year. Something the modular motor is. Thats why you see 200K mile crown vics for sale. Cops and taxi companies eat them alive and they keep ticking. Very reliable motors Ill give them that.

My friend bought a police crown vic at an auction one time. We had fun it it. Slow as balls and lost to stock GTPs by halfoblock, but fun none the less.

Here, I found the Wards list for you. THe Modular was rated on there quite a few years. However, at the bottom, its not there for the century. While the 3800 is. The Ford flathead is however, along with the SBC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ward's_10_Best_Engines

You're fooling yourself if you think that reliability is a deciding factor in this. Although it's true that shitty motors that barely go above 200k miles most likely won't make it on the list, there is more to a motor than power and reliability.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Noise and harshness are a factor as well. However, the modular and 3800 are both fairly quiet engines in stock form and really arent harsh.

I was just commenting on how reliable the modular motor is. Sorry for the compliment. Ill resume back to the shitty for a V8 power talk now. :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info