Why did you buy the car you currently own?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Forced induction from the factory, easy to modify on the cheap, decent options (5 years ago, HUD was still a "wow" factor for me) and could get 30 mpg on the highway.

Insurance was cheaper, too, than the Z28s, Trans Ams and Mustangs I was looking at.

Edit: Still happy with the car and am for sure not done modding it yet.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
i'm too lazy to actually find any support for my claims, i'm just going off what i was told...personal preference but id take a speed3 over a cobalt. but thats b/c ive owned a normal 3 (hatch) and thought it was amazing, just way underpowered

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
Well when my delta crapped out I still had my snowmobile so I wanted a truck and bought my frontier....then 2 years later I was bored of my truck and I sold my sled and I wanted a sporty car but didnt want to spend a ton of money....I was looking between my car and a SI. I called my insurance man and he told me the SI insurance was almost double so I said fuck that plus I didnt want to have to be at 7000 rpms all the time to get the performance. So I bought the GTI.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I bought my rex cuz it was time for something new, and actually I had been dead set on getting a GTP ever since my brother got one in 2000, and that desire was only further fueled by mooks conquest with his.

But then i started looking at other options and found out I could afford a WRX. The thought a turbo and awd was pretty appealing, plus ive always loved how they sound w/ an exhaust, and im a big wrc fan and have always cheered on the subies.

Also at the TIME, there wernt a whole lot of subies running around here, and I saw grand prixs on every corner, so I wanted something that not everyone had. Now however, I cant go a single day w/out waving to 2 or 3 other subies.

But those were my reasons at the time, and i certainly dont regret my choice one bit

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info