NEED A TUNE!! - GTP [NOW WITH SCAN]

Only 3-4º KR at the top of my gears, but my LTFTs are -10.5 at WOT. I need to tune them to 0 and I don't know how.

Will pay.

Please don't give me the advice to sell my LS1M and ICCU and get a powertuner. Yes, I know, I need to, but how will that help me in the "here and now" as opposed to me shelling out some cash to have someone tune my car?

Here is a scan as of this morning. I unplugged the battery for a couple hours yesterday to reset my fuel trims. Basically stock timing. A little added in the 1000-4500 RPM range, but it trails off to stock timing after 5k RPM.
http://www.scandepot.net/viewscan.php?pk=4576

Will pay.

Thanks!

Blake

CAI | 180º | 104s | Rockers | LS1 Springs | DP | DHP | ICCU | LS1M | Taylor Wires | 3.4 | Vogtland | KYB Gr2 | Otto STB

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Id offer to help, but Im still reading on how to not blow my shit up. LOL.

I personally would never say sell your ICCU and LS1M. The ability to add timing on the fly and scan without a laptop is cool. Hell, I just picked up a scanmaster to scan for KR without lugging the laptop around.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Achillesinvention said:
I PM'd Ron and I just went outside and unplugged my battery.

I'm gonna reattach at lunch and see how things look. I'm still gonna try to get a full tune so I am running as close to perfection as possible.

A PERFECT tune reguires scans, edits, scans edits..... Basically takes a long time.

Right. But if someone can tune things I cannot with my ICCU, then the rest I can take care of.

If we can tune my fuel trims and really take a good look at what's going on and fix it, then I can continue to tinker with what I have to make it perfect.

No matter how strong you make your muscles, if you don't have a good spine, you cannot stand. Once I get a good spine (tune), I will build upon it to perfection.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Achillesinvention said:
Right. But if someone can tune things I cannot with my ICCU, then the rest I can take care of.

If we can tune my fuel trims and really take a good look at what's going on and fix it, then I can continue to tinker with what I have to make it perfect.

No matter how strong you make your muscles, if you don't have a good spine, you cannot stand. Once I get a good spine (tune), I will build upon it to perfection.

We can run some scans with my PT if you like, but I dont think I can edit your PCM since you have a DHP (they useually come locked)

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Achillesinvention said:
Technically, if we can't unlock it, don't I just need a stock one?

I I take it to a dealer and have them reflash my PCM, I'll be stock again, right?

Can't we just unlock from there?

Also, if I do get her reflashed, will I be able to adjust timing with my ICCU after we open it up?

Dont go getting another PCM or flashing the one you got on your car now. Just yet, see if Ron responds to you. Who made changes to the shift-points after your rocker install?

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Achillesinvention said:
There were no changes after the rocker install. I have a DHP 1.0 with adjustable timing. I installed the rockers many moons later.

I usually shift at 5900-ish at WOT. I rarely got WOT...I stick to the 80% TPS area.

Like I said, I need some help. LOL

I PM'd him at CGP as well.

Rons a busy guy. I dont even think I saw him on the forumz today.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
910's on a non-IC'ed car is way to low. Probably should shoot for 940's-950's. Thats what I run about after Vogel made some adjustments. Without a wideband its kinda hard to tell what your "real" O2's are though. I tuned my MAF to get the trims close at idle, acceleration below PE and cruise. After those are close WOT LTFS should lock near Zero.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Achillesinvention said:
I'm still waiting to hear from Vogel, and I'm also curious to hear what I need to do about my PCM. I want to get a tune, but if my PCM is locked, then I'm kinda SOL. If we reflash it/unlock it, will I still have adjustable timing with my ICCU?

Oy. This is crazy.

I would honestly invest in a power tuner.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info