Goodbye Dead weight!

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Over the last week I've been doing the headswap on my EG civic Hatch, and have also taken the time to remove the A/C System, and am pulling out the rear seats, carpet, and spare tire to be replaced with a can of "Fix a flat"

This is NOT my daily driver car, my Ford is, anyone else have any weight-saving tips aside from what I've already mentioned and interior paneling? (Like is it worth it to pull the sound-deadening material from under the carpet, the TERRIBLE idea of pulling bumper supports, etc.)

NetChemica

Let me see your crack!
May 23, 2007
keep the bumper supports, take out EVERYTHING out of the interior, the sound deadening is a bitch to get rid of on most cars... so take about 20 lbs of dry ice, crunch it up into golf ball size, and fill the bottom of the car with it. after a few hours, the sound deadening will crack up and peel away

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I wanna keep the front carpet kinda just so My feet aren't sliding around and shit, and I like the front door panels. The gas tank in my CX is only a 10 gallon plastic tank Vs all other models have a 13 gallon metal tank to my understanding.

would it be riskey to run a smaller battery with an underdrive pully?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info