VTAAAAK

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
LeddZepp8687 said:
404......What the fuck?

Turns out the Y8 head uses a diffrent kind of Solenoid than the Z6 head.

I had read, and was told it was the same... Oh well, the Z6 one will sell for $40 on ebay anyways so I'll get my money back, just frustrated about it cause its gonna delay the car. It will be re-assembled tomorrow, but can't be fired up till that Solenoid is on the car.

the Z6 is far FAR more common than the Y8 solenoid, not many people like the Y8 head cause its its more of a grunty mid-range head, not the high RPM head the Z6 is.

if anyone knows where to get one I could use the help.

On a side note, The A/C System has COMPLETELY been pulled from the car, and the rear seats/spare are getting Yoinked before its maden voyage.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Cause an engine thats $150 most likely isn't running.

I have the piece of mind that my ENTIRE engine has now been rebuilt except the pistons and rings *Which will be replaced come spring for a turbo setup. New Waterpump, timing belt, etc etc etc.....

That and also Vtec engines don't have high Comp stock, My block specifically bumps the compression on a Y8 head substantially.

I'm shooting for low 15's high 14's with an SI Tranny ontop of my current setup, I hope for a mid/low 13 second pass with boost.

LeddZepp8687

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Warrenville, IL
NetChemica said:
SRT41320 said:
solenoids are a dime a dozen - shouldnt be too hard to get one

:ugh2: :ugh2: Go find an Evap Purge Solenoid for a newer 4.7l mopar. Toyota has $200 fuses on some of their highlanders. Just because they can be simple little shits, doesn't mean that they're all dirt cheap.

Fucking Toyota.

I had a Sequoia the other day that had busted swaybar links.

After searching for almost an hour I turned to the dealership, Turns out they were like 90 bucks cost. listed at like 160 or something insane. And that was PER unit.

I frequently find that Hyundai and Toyotas are notorious for Dealership only parts. Ruling out the obvious BMW and Mercedes card.

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
NetChemica said:
SRT41320 said:

:ugh2: :ugh2: Go find an Evap Purge Solenoid for a newer 4.7l mopar. Toyota has $200 fuses on some of their highlanders. Just because they can be simple little shits, doesn't mean that they're all dirt cheap.

easy there killer - im talkin bout vtec solenoids...you know the topic in here... im just saying sohc parts are dime a dozen compared to dohc hondas

NetChemica

Let me see your crack!
May 23, 2007
SRT41320 said:
NetChemica said:
SRT41320 said:

easy there killer - im talkin bout vtec solenoids...you know the topic in here... im just saying sohc parts are dime a dozen compared to dohc hondas

lol, just bustin balls.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Ironically, its HARDER to get SOHC parts than DOHC parts, everyone and their mother wants a B16 or B18 swap, and everyone else throws away their SOHC parts........

Drove up to Elk Grove to One Six Motorsports and picked one up last night.

Car is all together, Just waiting on a FPR I ordered last night, and a small gasket I gotta pick up from Autozone.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Bump for the VTAAAAK picture

PIC-0234.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info