09 Acura TL speaker replacement

GTvert90

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 10, 2016
Machesney Park
Real Name
Phil
Its a friend's car with nav. Drivers side 6.5 blew out. Only going to replace the 6.5 in tht doors. It looks like it's set up for components for the stock speakers. Should I be looking for 6.5 woofers or 2 ways? I know nothing about ohms. Just trying to find the best bang for the buck, hoping to stay under 50. Never going to be amplified beyond whatever it has stock.

Thanks!

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Have you tried google searching your question? Seems like an Acura specific question if you're trying to do it right, but if you just want to replace it with a random speaker that's the same size, take it out, measure it, get the info on the magnet, and buy new ones.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
If the car has a factory amp you definitely want a speaker with same ohms as whats in there. I just thru some speakers I had laying around in my garage in my Ram. Sounded horrible because they werent the correct ohms for the factory amp. Bought some that were the correct ohms and it sounded great.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info