Best rental car ever, R34 GTR in Japan.

bnr32

Regular
TCG Premium
Nov 6, 2013
Herro!

So for my birthday this year I decided to do something i've always wanted to do. Drive around Mount Fuji and see the country side of Japan. So quick search of the googles, i found a company that rents out fun cars and gives guided tours of the "fun" roads of Japan. Most of these roads are featured in Initial D, or online videos and many of them are basically climbing up a mountain side while doing many many turns.

The Car
FZMRu0g.jpg

Being a Skyline nerd, this was a pretty much easy choice for me. They don't really tell you much about the car other than it's a bayside blue R34. Whatever, works for me. After the 1st stop, i popped the hood on the car. It drove nice, but not like stock nice. Soon as i do, I notice it has Ohlins DCV coilcovers on all four (3,000 dollar suspension) full exhaust, and a boost controller hidden in the interior and a few other Nismo pieces. Score!

LbbQxam.jpg

cuTkwga.jpg

bgog65m.jpg

nCWVGyD.jpg

hkXcsEG.jpg

Some very scenic routes, all while being able to have fun driving. Few times the guide (who was in a 350Z) would suggest i'll go, then wait one minute and you go! Perfect as you really get to enjoy the performance of the car.

Here is a map of just one of the routes we took, https://latlonglab.yahoo.co.jp/route/watch?id=0d91cf199d4a37002242b364b708b8ef

But you have to remember, if you wreck it basically you owe around 3,600 USD. This didn't really stop me from having fun. So for around 6 hours of spirited driving it ended up being around 600 USD. This included car, fuel, tolls, insurance and my bus tickets to get out to the shop. Gas was around 5.00 a gallon USD.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info