good track tires for a suv?

Chrisisall

Nov 12, 2017
I wanted to get some opinions on track tires for my suv,I am considering the Nitto NT05's and a couple other brands that are summer only tires for suv's.I have concerns with the NT05 mostly that they don't have actual tread like a street tire that you can see how much life is left,so would a new set of NT05's last 5-6 trackdays or more?? I would asume tires on a heavy suv would wear faster than a car but what do you guys think with these tires https://tireer.com/best-tires-for-drifting/ ?

Thanks

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I wanted to get some opinions on track tires for my suv,I am considering the Nitto NT05's and a couple other brands that are summer only tires for suv's.I have concerns with the NT05 mostly that they don't have actual tread like a street tire that you can see how much life is left,so would a new set of NT05's last 5-6 trackdays or more?? I would asume tires on a heavy suv would wear faster than a car but what do you guys think?

Thanks

I had an Evo X and I went through 1/2 of my NT-05's in one track day, and killed the other half of them on the subsequent track day. That's a pretty heavy car, so I wouldn't expect that much life with an SUV. I was driving the shit out of them though, so if you're just a novice driver or just a relaxing driver they'll last a lot longer. Also, they're good tires, I liked them. You're not going to break any records with them though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info