Goals before track day

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
alright guys i thought i would put this up for conversation :). my goals before track day is as follows

1) get nitirous working :) ordered another solenoid and fitting and hopefully will be working this week

2) this is where i need some help i need someone to bung a hole in my exhaust so i can get my wideband working for datalogging.

3)wire guages (n20, Wideband)

4)regap my plugs, new air filter

5)see why im getting knock.... i think its fake knock due to my motor mounts and trans, anyone know how to tell if its not????

6)wire bottle opener, and blow down tube, and possibly heater aswell

and i think thats it off the top of my head but if ANYONE can help with the bung dinner is on me :D

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Ive got some false knock too, i can keep pulling timing, but the knock is always there.
My goals before track day are:
1) new rear rotors and pads (changed tonight)
2) get a better MAF tune
3) add some timing

Im not going to spray the car anymore this year, I want to be able to drive it through the winter without having to make any major repairs. Im going to run super duper slow at the track though. High 14s most likely.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
1.) change plugs to 1 step colder for n2o
2.) weight reduction :D
3.) do-it-youself firm motor mounts installed
4.) get bottle filled
5.) buy camping/hunting hand warmers for ghetto bottle warmer.
6.) change out rims to stockers as they are lighter, but 30mm narrower......

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Ron Vogel said:
BruGTP said:
Engine mount
Trans mount
Wheel bearing
rear brakes

Then run some 100 octane a little before and during the race day
If it doesn't knock on 93, the 100 will slow you down. I've made that mistake several times.

Thanks for the tip, Ron. The last time I scanned I was getting about 1-degree of knock in the upper RPM range on a 70-degree night, so I'd figure throw in a tank and see what happens :D Since that was on a borrowed laptop with HPtuners, I haven't gotten a chance to scan since then, but my buddy that I borrowed it from will be coming with to the track day, so we'll see if it helps.

Mods if you're interested: Just the basics: 2000 GTP: 3.4" pulley, WizAired CAI, Autolite 104s, 3" Downpipe, GMPP Catback with 2 1/4" section replaced with 2 1/2", no u-bend, 180* thermostat, DHP v1.0

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
BruGTP said:
Ron Vogel said:
BruGTP said:
Engine mount
Trans mount
Wheel bearing
rear brakes

Then run some 100 octane a little before and during the race day
If it doesn't knock on 93, the 100 will slow you down. I've made that mistake several times.

Thanks for the tip, Ron. The last time I scanned I was getting about 1-degree of knock in the upper RPM range on a 70-degree night, so I'd figure throw in a tank and see what happens :D Since that was on a borrowed laptop with HPtuners, I haven't gotten a chance to scan since then, but my buddy that I borrowed it from will be coming with to the track day, so we'll see if it helps.

Mods if you're interested: Just the basics: 2000 GTP: 3.4" pulley, WizAired CAI, Autolite 104s, 3" Downpipe, GMPP Catback with 2 1/4" section replaced with 2 1/2", no u-bend, 180* thermostat, DHP v1.0
Run it with about 2-3 gallons of 93, and about 3oz of pure acetone. It works good for me when you want to lose a little knock, and will pep the car up a little. Just keep the acetone mix low, on a 1/2 tank 6oz is plenty. It wil quiet the car down a little too, it's nice for those street racing nights when you don't want people sniffing for race gas. It's not an octane booster, but it will lower knock. If you want to make your own race gas with 93, you can mix in some toulene to raise it anywhere from 93-98.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info